We liked Sun Mountain's Speed E Cart. We liked their Micro Cart too. So - and I'm going out on a limb here, I know - it stands to reason we might very well like this upcoming Micro E Cart when it comes to market.
Have a look:
Not much is known at this point, but we can tell you that:
- The cart is early on in testing and, if I were to guess (and that's all this is), we should expect it in the spring of 2010.
- It's obvious in the video that the controls are very much like the Speed E Cart. I'm kind of hoping they added an audible sound to button presses so that you know whether you pushed "60" so you don't start to worry that your cart's just going to keep going… I think that was about the only thing I didn't like in the Speed E Cart.
- Speaking of the controls, they again appear about the same: 15, 30, and 60 yards, power on/off, and speed up/down buttons. The Speed E Cart maintains the same actual land speed over varying terrain, and this cart should do the same.
- The handle height adjustments - my lone complaint about the Micro Cart - are reported to be variable on the Micro E Cart.
- No word on price, but Sun Mountain seems to understand the economy and doesn't typically set high prices just because they figure golfers have money, so I'd expect the price to be about the same as the Speed E Cart's (give or take a hundred bucks).
So that's all we know - or can guess at.