or Connect

Posts by soloredd

Personally, I can't stand playing in soft spike golf shoes. I switched from some FootJoys to True Tours when they came out and will never go back. This year I am playing in some Nike Free 4.0 trainers and am in love. My feet feel solid on the turf, walking the greens I can really feel the contours and at the end of rounds my feet feel as good as they did on the first hole.
I have KBS Tour shafts on my irons from when I got them fitted. But I've been thinking about trying some other options as they do hit pretty high. I have hit PX before and the heft was noticeable, which I did not like.
I recently made this switch as well and its worked out fantastically. Before, I had the club somewhat diagonally through the palm. I've always used a neutral to slightly weak grip but the position in the hand was just killing me. Only reason I even looked into this was because my distance was just awful and I guess over the last year or so I had progressively put the club more and more into my palm. I remember hearing about Tiger and how he was trying to get the club...
Ordered new UST Tour grips as well as an air installer adapter. Can't wait.
I have a Tiger Shark on mine and its fantastic.
Try using the flat stick if the greens are that hard. Or play bump n run shots. 
It wasn't 52* though. Aren't they saying loft at impact was 21*, so he de-lofted the club? Or am I understanding that wrong?
50* Vokey. You can tell, too, it has the most visible wear on the clubface. I use it for about 99% of my greenside play and its my absolute money club from 85-105 yards. I also love my 8 iron as its my most used for approach shots and chip and runs.
Tough to find "the best" in my area (Fresno/Clovis, CA). Some of the private courses I haven't played although Fort Washington seems to be the best from what I hear. Stevinson Ranch, about an hour from here, is probably the best I've played. Especially when there is wind protecting the course...tough SOB. Diablo Grande is nice too but have only played the Legends, not Ranch course.   I know everyone, for good reason, is high on Cypress or Pebble but Bayonet & Black...
Par 3 183 yards back pin location. Hit a sweet 5-iron with a little fade, been working on that shot a lot lately. Landed 12 feet from hole. Proceeded to 3-putt