or Connect

Posts by soloredd

Couple things for me. One, if I'm swinging the driver well that day, I go with that unless its a shorter par 4 (less than 375) or I have to carry something crazy. Also, for some reason I can hook my driver "better" than my 3 wood so on a dogleg left I usually go driver. And the course itself comes into play as well. I play a course in my area that is HEAVILY tree lined and narrow fairways, so I go with 3 wood or even 3 hybrid.    But yeah, had a period last year...
As a huge Tiger fan, I was pretty excited at looking forward to reading this. But, I think I'm going to pass not because I don't want to know what Tiger is going through in his career (there hasn't been a more micro-analyzed athlete in history) but because I am sick of Hank Haney in general, not to mention these leaked excerpts are giving it a more "gossipy" tone. I was hoping for something different - but it is Haney*.     *Fitting to see Haney decked out in...
So, about 15 minutes to check the specs, is it pretty easy for them to make the adjustments? I'm pretty sure mine are screwy as well, its been about a year since I got mine from the factory. I hit off mats a good deal of the time.
Thanks for all the replies!   I do like the fade but the kicker is in my head I'm naturally wanting to hit a hook (draw for you pros). So I have to consciously tell myself I am going for a fade swing and execute it; and what ends up happening is when I am working on other things (tempo, balance, path, etc) I haven't been focused on my alignment at all - stupidly I admit.   Had a good session today, I was making correct aim and alignment for both slices and hooks and I'm...
Out at the range this morning working on my tempo and balance when one of my friends noticed something. Apparently, what I *thought* was square to the target line I was actually open - and I've been this way for a couple months! Once I got myself squared properly, it felt like I was really closed to the target. I honestly am not sure why I started gravitating toward the open stance but it definitely was the culprit to me coming over the top and even battling the shanks...
The Cell chip that is in PS3 hasn't been touched by developers, the problem lies in the rest of the components (GPU, RAM, etc). Sony could easily still use the Cell in the next PlayStation and be fine, its the other pieces of hardware and how they manage their RAM allocations (currently it is severely limited in PS3 - 256mb cap while 360 has 512mb dynamic). This is why XMB slows to a crawl during games and why we cannot get party chat in XMB.    As for waiting for...
For me, my approach to range time this year has been completely different than in the past. Before, I would definitely use targets but that was about it. Oh, it's 140 so I'm going to hit my 9i for 30 balls. Then move to next target and repeat. Now, I have specific things I work on and am ingraining - mainly tempo and balance, as well as different shots inside 100 yards. I work on swing plane stuff at home in my living room, where I've got a mirror and sometimes my...
We're heading to Maui in October and are slated to play Royal Ka'anapali and Kapalua Plantation. Crossing my fingers for nothing more than light winds! Even if its gale-force I'll be out there; very much looking forward to both courses.
Mine actually came this past Tuesday. Par 5, 2nd shot was 220 out. I've talked before about going for this green in two but never have the balls as the green is surrounded by water in back, to the right, and in front. This being my first round of the year and really just a round to gauge how my winter practice went I decided to try it. Hit my 3 hybrid and put the ball on the green. Left about a 30 foot eagle putt and took birdie.
Been away from the site for a couple months so just ran into this thread.   I finished my C25K plan in the beginning of November and then ran a half-marathon a week before Thanksgiving. Doing C25K is the best physical decision I've ever made. Not only did I lose 20+ pounds (with change in diet of course) but I've also become hooked on running. Up until this point I HATED running, even on treadmills. Now I run 3-4 days a week and am doing another half in March. I've...