or Connect

Posts by soloredd

In addition to Hilton Head, we will also be staying in the Atlanta area for a few days. Any thoughts on courses? Looking on GolfLink, seems there are a ton of private courses but we will need some public offerings. Looking at Crystal Lake CC for one round.
Well, I took up running last September and lost 22 pounds and have altered my daily eating habits. So that was my start for 2012 (actually running another 1/2 marathon in March, I'm hooked!). I stayed away from golf this winter, except working on mental training as well as completely changing my approach to the game (more fun, less self-pressure).    Started going to the range a week ago and have only worked on 100 yards and in. Moving toward using more options for...
Hey all, fortunate to be making a trip to Augusta for the Par 3 tournament and practice rounds so we're going to head over to Hilton Head prior to and play a couple rounds. We're renting a villa in Fiddler's Cove and our group decided on playing 2 courses at Palmetto Dunes (Trent Jones and Hills). Got any thoughts or recommendations? Trying to keep the budget $250 or under as I've got a Maui trip in October to worry about. Seems like Palmetto offered some nice options...
When is your trip or have you visited already?    As jmorse mentioned, down in Visalia Valley Oaks is pretty good for cheap. And Ridge Creek in Dinuba is a nice course, although I find it a bit pricey for what it is (maybe $10 too much, not a big deal). Come up to the Fresno area and play Eagle Springs (formerly Brighton Crest). Very fun and challenging course in the foothills. Probably the best of the public offerings around here. Riverside is also a good one for...
89 (44/45) @ TPC Harding Park. First time playing there, great course. The rough was super tough as the Champions Tour is playing the Schwab Cup here in a couple weeks. Last time I saw rough like that was Torrey Pines about two months before the Buick. Still, had an awesome time and played decently. Greens were recently sanded so my putting was terrible - the greens were a lot slower than I was expecting and I never got used to them. 
Thanks for the replies.   mvmac - Appreciate the suggestion for adding some club. Will definitely keep that in mind. I'm coming in from Fresno where we have dry weather. Heading out today @ 1130 for Harding so will post back tonight.   drglew - Sounds ominous! I'm not down with rounds 5.5+ hours. Yikes. Hopefully we won't run into too much of that on a Monday morning but who knows. My buddy played Presidio a couple months back and said the pacing was pretty good...
Anyone got some experiences at Harding Park? Heading up tomorrow to my friend's who lives in the city and we are playing Harding on Monday and Presidio on Tuesday. Harding looked awesome during the President's Cup two years ago but I've also heard it has had its lesser moments.   Course doesn't look to play overly long but just hoping the wind is not too crazy. Weather has been beautiful the past couple days.
Great thread.   This is something I really need to work on over the winter. I was playing really good golf earlier this year and then at some point I felt like I had to work on posture - only I worked on the very wrong things. For awhile I was having lower back pain, got that sorted but I at address I'm still trying to keep a flat back and butt out.   I'm with Zeph in that it should feel comfortable. I'm just sick of all the Peter Kostis-type bruhaha over these...
Ah, the perils of 'selective golf coverage'. Any of you that have DirecTV or go on the net and watch the majors when they follow a group from first shot to last? So many times you will see bad shots, and the spin back is one of them. They will spin the ball right off the green sometimes when the ball landed hole high. Thing is, NBC/CBS/GC will 99% of the time only show the shots that end up good.
85 (41/44). So frustrated, definitely left <80 out there. Three putted 4 holes on the back 9, GRRR!!!   Course was absolutely in crap shape. On the 2nd green we saw the greenskeeper getting his ass chewed by the director of the course - they basically flooded the course last night, the greens were in terrible condition, standing water everywhere - and of course, the clubhouse doesn't say a damn word when you check in and they charge full price. Really getting sick of...