or Connect

Posts by dave s

Ok, seven holes in one is impressive on any level.  Rounds = opportunity = holes in one actually happening.  Hope I can go 150 rounds a year when I retire.   Good on your pop!   dave
 By all means and could not agree MORE with your statements.  Don't get me wrong, if a 2-some comes up behind us quickly with nobody in front of us, by all means it's, 'let 'er rip, boys!'  They're usually gone in 5 minutes.  No issue at all. I think most here believe it's their RIGHT, (or RULE as some have mentioned) to play through another group, regardless of the situation, as long as THEY are playing faster than the group in front of them.  As you correctly stated,...
 Ahh, the PERFECT solution and you are exactly right. I tend to play behind the 4 guys playing from the tips on the final round of the US Open.  None of whom are in contention, or capable of breaking 100 from the back tees. When this happens, I locate the pro shop number on the score card, pull out the cell phone, call and ask for a ranger to visit the group.  Works every time. In all fairness to the topic, I grew up on golf with a teaching professional dad.  I learned...
 No it's not that simple.  Let's say there is a group in front of me that I'm right up against.  What good can come from letting someone 'play through?'  I wait 15 minutes for you to 'play through,' then wait on you.  MOST of the time, you're not going anywhere unless you can play through every group on the course. Realistically, this is just not going to happen.  The solution is as mentioned, get a first-off tee time. dave
Please explain this to me:  Why do you guys who PREFER to play a round of golf in 2:15 think the rest of the course should STOP playing and allow you to play through?  Do I want to stop and wait 10-15 minutes for you to play though?  No, I don't.  Wait your turn.  Get there earlier.  Schedule the FIRST tee-time of the day.  And don't think the majority of players are going to 'move aside' just for you.  We'd like to finish our round before dark, too.   dave        
2 hours riding and 2:45 walking?  The only way you'll see this is owning a first tee time somewhere, playing on an empty course or buying your OWN course!   I play regularly with my wife who shoots high-90s low-100s on courses with hacks a plenty.  We finished a somewhat 'slow' round yesterday afternoon in 4:10.  We waited on several tees; waited on some fairways as well.  The dad/son team in front of us weren't good players and at one point could see two 4-somes ahead...
When a scramble format is actually BAD.  Didn't think it was possible but read below:   Playing a Sunday afternoon round with my wife.  The couple in front of us was playing a 2-person scramble ... from BOTH balls!  Each would hit a single tee ball.  Both husband and wife would hit from each ball, (4 shots total) move on and play two shots from each of the better NEXT shot.  It took about 6 holes for me to figure out what was going down on the greens.  A couple of times,...
NE Ohio:  We've already had our week of summer.  It was the 3rd week in June while I was away at the beach.  Fall started 2 weeks ago.   dave
Yep.  And by now, it's getting a little un-newsworthy until he actually decides something and tells the media.  Four years ago none of us thought he'd actually leave.  Hindsight being 20-20, I most certainly don't know if he'll come back.  What I do know is Miami doesn't have much past the Big 3.  Looks like D Wade is the only one who would stay for sure.  Chris Bosh will leave for the Rockets if LeBron goes.   That said, something off-the-wall usually happens.  Will...
sounds like a great experience, Mike.  Glad you enjoyed it and rightly so at a nice resort course.   We were on vacation 4th week of June as well.  Managed to sneak in FOUR rounds this time.  My wife played with me twice but prefers to lay on the beach and bake like a lobster!  Both times I booked a single tee time I was paired up with some really great folks.  My partner on one day was a VP level guy retired from AT&T / Ameritech.  He was pushing 70 years old and was a...