or Connect

Posts by dave s

In the bag today ...   Driver 3-wood HL 5-wood HL #4 and 5 hybrids 6i - PW, AW 54* wedge 58* wedge putter   Adds up to 14.  Bag full.  Play golf.   dave
I'm a fan of watching guys playing golf on TV who do ANYTHING but scowl their way through a round of golf.  These guys need to LOOSEN UP and look like they're having fun playing golf for a living while making millions.   LeBron airballed a free-throw during a CAVS game on Sunday.  He laughed, the other guys on the line laughed.  LeBron and other players continued to exchange a laugh or two while he was getting back on defense.  Ever seen Nick Swisher play first base? ...
And thought I'd share.  Looks like a pretty comprehensive list of warm weather climate golf as we freeze up north in January.  Lots of choices.   Link:  https://www.golfthere.com/package-deals   Dave
Never seen a driver face broken in that way either.  Sorry!  That said, I used to play Callaway clubs during the time their shafts were breaking 1/2" above the insert point to the club head.  They reshafted my driver, 4-wood and 7-wood (all broke) through a dealer at no cost and no questions asked.   I like the way club manufacturers stand behind their products and do right by customers when something fails.   What's crazy is that, if I'm reading your post correctly,...
You obviously know the game and are a fan.  Same here.  Recent MLB seasons have turned baseball into an exercise in watching paint dry or grass grow.  The saddest part is the game is even SLOWER at the ball park!  At least at home you can channel surf, check your phone or go get a snack.   I agree with the items MLB is looking into to help speed up the game.  Shorter between inning breaks are a must.  Getting pitchers to throw pitches at faster intervals is the second...
I don't make tons of golf goals but try to focus each season on one aspect of my game. Last year was hitting more par-3 greens as a way to reduce overall round scores.  Started keeping stroke average on par-3 holes the prior season and my stats were pathetic. My par-3 average was about 4.5 strokes per hole.  Reason? Not hitting the greens in regulation, obviously.   Had many practice sessions early last season hitting short- and mid-irons off tees at the range to targets...
Good response, David.  Hope it carries some weight for all involved with golfnow.com on the customer side.   Same here.  Probably booked 30 rounds last season the for the wife and myself.  Most weren't subject to any fees.  I'll have to check into the website as I've got some FL golf to play in about 6 weeks.   Thanks for the 'heads up.'   dave
Good news.  Found an SM4 model @ 54-11 with "M" grind which is exactly what I wanted.  Special bonus is that it's the Black Nickel finish and will match my 58* wedge.  Not that matching is that important, but the Black Nickel finish cuts down on the reflectiveness of the tour chrome finish.  Don't like the 'oil can' gold or the true black finish available on the SM5 models.   Added bonus:  $99 shipped to my home!  Will be here this week.   dave
mvmac / boogielicious:   thanks for the resource links.  I'll choose a new 54 in the grind closest to that of my 58, which I like a lot!   dave
Pics added.  Back of wedges to show model, loft and bounce.  I'm sure the 58-08 was the last of the square groove models.  Not sure about the 54 as it was purchased on year later.     At right, you can clearly see the grind of the 58-08.  I like that grind and it is considerably different from the 54-11.     Last comments.  I play up north, (NE Ohio) where we see mostly bent fairways and greens.  It's usually WET and mucky so the relief provided on the 58-08...