or Connect

Posts by Dave40

I saw the show on the GC.  Since I like to purchase used clubs, it makes me hesitant to do so unless it is from Cally preowned or TM preowned.
After seeing the Reflex irons on the GG site, they are not bad looking. And on sale for $150.
An inexpensive brand name used driver that you can cut down is what I would do. Most drivers less than 10 years old are good.
You could probably do better than the Reflex irons. If cost is the issue, check out the Callawaypreowned and global golf websites.
I still like the old Avon Chamois. They might be softer than many golfers would like, but they keep their tackiness. I especially like them on blades to keep my hands from going numb on mishits.
Apex gets a lot of really good reviews.
If the old irons feel too heavy , then try a set with graphite shafts. Also if your old irons have old grips then that can cause swing problems.
Let us know what you think about the NXT tour s. I got some at a demo day thought they were good overall. It seemed like the trajectory is what allowed it to hold greens. It goes out straight and then drops out of the sky almost vertically, even with a long iron.
The vista iV does have a "clicky" feel. I didn't like that at first, but the clicky feel makes it sound and feel like you are crushing it on drives. I didn't think a clicky cover could stop on greens like other pro line balls but it does somehow.The Volvik iS is much less clicky than the iV and I agree is slightly more clicky than the PV1, but the overall compression seemed very similar to the PV1. The availability of colors is what made the difference in my switch from...
The Vista iS is the closest match to a Pro V1 that I have found.