or Connect

Posts by pbailey

I used to have shallow 4-8 inch divots with short irons.  I sure wish still did.  It was a time when I stuck the ball very well. Can't dot it to save my life now.   
Here's what I'm thinking.  I'm 5'8, 55 years old.  Looking at SMT or Geek component head.  Shaft Voodoo or Oban Devotion.  Probably in regular or stiff flex and 10.5 or even 12.  I've been working on some of Lynn Blakes stuff on the left wrist ahead of the club head, but only with short irons so far.  I do know that I throw it away from the top sometimes.  So if I work hard, I fell I can get the SS up to 103, maybe 105.    Been hitting 45.75-inch shafts, but feel I...
What is the best paint and details on the prep?    
Bad breaks are not his problem right now, his brain is scrambled.    
1996 Hells Point Va Beach.  #12 dog leg right.  Pulled my tee shot left off the heal and short.  We figured it was about 225-230 to the pin.  Wilson Staff laminated 3 wood.  Hit the little mound behind the bunker guarding the pin and took a big hop to what we thought was over the green.  The green was shallow and we looked all around the back of the green up against the marsh.  It was in the hole.    Wedged one in for eagle from 80 yards on #4 at St Augustine's in...
Haven't picked up a club in a few weeks.  Got about 10 swings before I had to go.  Ball B330-RXS  I could feel that I was out towards the toe, thus the lower PTR.  My shot shape is usually push draw to straight draw.  Misses are straight pulls.    Club Ping G-10  9*  Stiff  TFC129D Shaft 45.75 inches.  Ball B330-RXS.  I'm working with a club maker to see if I can get some distance.  I know I can and will work on the smash factor to get it out there further.  Looking...
    iacas,   Thanks for posting the video of Lynn Blake, basic motion, acquired motion etc.   I did get the PBS, but it's been cold and wet here so I haven't been out to the range and this post isn't about the PBS as much as it is about the fundamentals shown in that video.    When I'm hitting it poorly, the fault is always casting the club with a little over the top move.  Made a last minute decision to get out for a round Saturday as the weather was supposed to be...
A regular Joe with a 15-20 handicap..................................
I know a guy who's being taught like that and he is paralyzed with the number of thoughts running through his head while trying to swing. 
I tried several drivers of varying lofts and flex.  It was interesting to note that I would have similar spin rates and close to the same launch angle from 9* stiff shafts, regular shafts up to 10.5* stiff to regular.  It wasn't until I started getting the kick point higher in the shaft that I got the spin and launch down.