or Connect

Posts by LilGasPasser

No idea of it's value.  But, if there were ever a golf bag custom made for a pimp, you've got it! Use it, and live large, baller...
I'm pretty nearsighted, like a 4.5 in contacts, but dry eyes make contacts pretty uncomfortable for me.  I've tried multiple prescription sunglasses, and haven't had much success with wraparound sport frames.  The result is usually a very narrow area of clarity in the center of the lens, with lots of blurriness on the periphery. I've had more success using a chunky plastic frame (nerd style) intended for regular lenses, and just put tinted lenses in.   If price were...
Looking at setting up a putting green in my basement this year...  Does anyone have any experience with "proputt systems" turf?  It's a branch of east coast turf, which supplies very nice turf matt material to ranges and clubs...   There's a bunch of options out there, from BirdieBall styrofoam   http://www.birdieball.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=270   to a $12,000 "dream green"   http://www.dreamgreen.com   Some are low-profile, where you use...
I'm not much better than you, but none of the good golfers seem to be answering, so I'll share my thoughts:   First, the "whippy" appearance of your shaft is an artifact of using a camera without a fast enough "frames per second" to catch a fast golf swing.  If you are using a camera phone or a cheaper point and shoot, it's unavoidable.  Don't worry about it...   Second, it appears that you're left knee collapses far too much during your backswing.  You then...
I suck at golf. But, I would really like to be a scratch golfer. I know that I don't have much natural talent, and I'll never put in the dedicated hours of practice to get low scores, but I'd still like to have a single-digit handicap. Can your bank help me out?
Usual line-up: Rollins Victorino Utley Howard Burrell Werth Feliz Ruiz Pitcher Sometimes Charlie Manuel will swap Vic and Werth in the line-up, and he may start Dobbs at third against LA's righties (Feliz on the bench)... Should be a good series, at least 6 games worth, hopefully ending in a Philly trip to the WS. Any LA fans up for a friendly wager? I've a got a cheesteak from John's Roast Pork that says Philly wins, to go against one of your Fatburgers... Or a...
Go Phils! Hope Utley gets it together in time...
Monsieur, I looked at a second home in the area, and inquired about joining the Cliffs network of clubs. The $150,000 initiation fee cleared that up right quick! Just curious how you managed to get on the course, knowing that you aren't local... I asked to play a round when looking at properties, and they said no, even if I was a prospective member. Seemed odd, and maybe they weren't taking me seriously. Anyway, they all look like gorgeous, well-maintained...
4 of us met earlier in the summer around Philadelphia. Great time, and it was definitely good to play with like-minded golfers (ie. competitive, rules strictly adhered to, but not too serious). I'd help set up something local again... Best part was explaining to my wife that I was going out on "a play date" with 3 strangers I met on the internet... She was skeptical, but glad that none of the others were known axe-murderers.
My wife has a business trip to Asheville, NC in October, and I'm tagging along to play some golf. I'll be golfing both Sat/Sun October 18th and 19th. If anyone wants to join me, let me know; I'd love the company. I've been playing about a year, and can shoot anywhere from 90 to 110, depending on the course and my mood that day... Anyone have any course suggestions? We'll be staying at the Grove Park Inn, and their course looks pretty nice. Doesn't look like they have...