or Connect

Posts by LilGasPasser

I like the Cobra logo. They are nice clubs. Buy some for yourself, and you'll see...
I purchased a pair of Ping iWedges [54*(SW) and 58*(LW)] about a month ago, and have been very happy. $95/each at Golfsmith. I notice that, like me, you're a high-handicapper. I demoed the Cleveland CG14s and Vokey SpinMilled, and I honestly had trouble hitting them as consistently. You won't find any pros playing the iWedges, but they're helpful for those of us who can't practice every day (or even every week). Also, the bounce/loft combinations for the Vokey's were...
I've paid anywhere from $20/round for twilight at a cheap course up to $120 for a really nice course on a Saturday morning. I'm lucky to live in a metro area that seems to have more courses than golfers, and I usually don't have a problem finding a fair course with fair greens fees.
Another vote for Rutgers (over OSU). Yes, I'm drunk at this moment, please don't kill my buzz!
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...833670,00.html I'm a public course hack, and will never sniff most of the private courses that host a PGA event. With that background... What does a private country club gain by hosting a PGA tour event? Is it purely the prestige? Is there monetary compensation (I assume so...)? Is it a pissing match with your local private c.c. competition, to brag that YOU hosted the "XXX Tourney"? Also, the above referenced article...
9.7 miles for my usual course (and practice range/green), but will travel up to 40 miles about once a month...
wanted to bump this thread, purely for entertainment purposes! Some other sandtrap newbies might get a kick out of it...
To be honest, now that I consider myself more of a "golfer", I'm a bit embarrassed by my caddying. I was awful! I was about 15-16 years old, energetic and strong, but I knew nothing about the game of golf. I usually got sent out on loops with golfers that didn't need any help/advice, or women that joined the club for status more than for golfing, and I was basically a pack mule. My caddymaster's advice on day one? "Shut up, don't get in the way, give them the club...
So, uh, how's that snow melting? Seriously, how do you like the ARC wedges? I like the look and price, and I think they're marketed as a cavity-back feel with a blade appearance, and I could certainly use the forgiveness. Anyone else ever use these? Thanks for any updates, opinions...
Personal best for me, 47+45= 92, on a 68.2/117 course that I know pretty well. Felt very solid, only lost 1 ball (still an achievement at my level), and could have broken 90 if not for my 41 putts! 9 fairways off the tee, for 8 GIR. Finally comfortable using my driver on the course, but I still know when to keep it in the bag. Finished in a brisk 3 and 1/2 hours.