or Connect

Posts by LilGasPasser

A full swing SW usually gets me about 80 yds. A full swing GW usually gets me about 110. Part of my problem is not being able to consistently use a partial swing on the GW for 80-100yds; sometimes it's the yardage I wanted to hit, oftentimes not... Thought about the UFi branded wedges; still may go that route. But, wanted to get "regular" wedges; ie. cleveland. Stupid thought? I have enough Cobra clubs already! JtotheD: I am taking lessons, and yes it's helping...
I haven't played Atlantic City CC; just too much money for someone of my golfing abilities. Check out Twisted Dunes; under $100, really neat layout, and very walkable (if you like that). Simple clubhouse, so it's not anything like the history/charm of ACCC, and it's often described as a "golfer's course". I played there late last fall, and really enjoyed it. I was just starting to get into golf, so I can't give you too much honest appraisal of the course. But, I...
Not really a "swing tip" question, but... I feel like I rarely use my 5-wood, and never use my 4-iron. I can't hit my 4-iron at all, and I'll usually use 3-wood off the tee if it's tight/short, or my 3-wood or hybrid for long 2nd shots. Also, my SandWedge is 15 years old, it's a second-hand club, and I never seem to hit it well off of short grass (not sure of the bounce, but seems "average"). Any thoughts on modifying my set? Right now, I'm thinking "Drop the...
Was he wearing one of these? http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ss_bun35_8.jpg
Wasting time at work, and came across this: http://www.hort.iastate.edu/turfgras...rts/merion.pdf Pretty cool! Looks like a student majoring in turf management spent a summer internship at Merion near Philadelphia, and this must have been his "how I spent my summer" report. It gives some insight into the effort and expense that goes into maintaining great conditions, especially given the recent heat wave we've had in my area (Mid-Atlantic). Some course pictures...
Yeah, the flat left wrist hinge is working very nicely for me. I think I was hearing the term "hinge" and just cocking my wrist, so that the club went straight up almost. Now with the proper "hinge" (I think), things are staying "on plane". Thanks for the tips/advice re: video shots of myself....
I think I might have a decent swing hiding in the shadows... Went out tonight to play nine by myself, and got stuck behind a very slow foursome. So, while waiting on a tee, I was taking some practice swings with the sun at my back, and some with the sun at my right shoulder. I started looking at my swing and hand positions at different points in the swing, using my shadow. I never realized how off-plane my swing becomes once I hinge my wrists, until I saw myself in...
Sorry for the delay in recapping... As for the "tournament", well, handicaps are there for a reason, I guess. SonicBlue and the PGA apprentice ringer ()that he brought set the pace, with jwkde following at a safe distance, and myself bringing up the rear. I felt like I had a worse than typical day, I suppose jwkde feels the same, and I think SonicBlue played pretty well. Regardless of the final scores, it was fun, and a good way to meet new playing partners. My wife...
Wait a second... Is this the same Cosmos with a track-prepared M Coupe? I used to hang out on that board a bunch when I was contemplating an M Coupe purchase... Still love the looks of that car, especially the back end (admittedly a love it/hate it design).
reserved @ 1:03 pm, Sunday, 7/20, Rock Manor in Wilmington, DE. $50 apiece. Sent reservation info in a pm to SonicBlue and jwkde. Reserved for 4, so if anyone else wants to join in, let us know.