or Connect

Posts by LilGasPasser

First off, welcome. I'm pretty new here myself, and it's a great resource. There seems to be plenty of "high achiever" types here, so you'll find lots of folks to help feed your new obsession. If you're really enjoying things, and you can commit the money to lessons, you may want to try looking into some good lessons sooner rather than later. I started with lessons this spring, and have knocked a good 15 strokes off in just a few months. I thought I was doing the...
Congrats sid77; I'm on my own quest to best 100, and I'll use your score as some inspiration...
Re: the cart girl: brunette, big brown eyes? Yeah, she did not go unnoticed. I sort of felt like a dirty old man for the first time in my life (too young for me realistically), but she added to the overall ambience of the course! Re: Pine Valley:http://www.golfdigest.com/rankings/c...urses_gd200705 Yes, it's private. I have no idea how much it would be to play as a guest, but that's one problem I'll never have to deal with. On the other hand, if you like golf, and...
If price is really not a strong consideration, and fancy new clubs will motivate you to practice more (which is what you need more than fancy clubs...), then go all in. Head to your local golf megastore (Golfsmith, GolfGalaxy, etc...) when it's not to busy (weekday mornings are good), and settle in with a club fitter for a few hours. Tell him/her your current state of experience, your goals, your budget... S/he will recommend a few sets, then start hitting. Try not to...
On the practice range...I also waste a bunch of good shots on the practice green.
Good stuff! My wife is just learning the game, and really enjoys it. It seems like a great sport to enjoy as a couple, because the disparity between abilities doesn't take away from either person's enjoyment.
when his thoughts turn to golf." Not sure who gets credit for that quote, but I think it's now my time... I played a bit as a kid, when I was fortunate enough to caddy at a posh club during high school. Good for the money, and I picked up some good lessons on etiquette, both for golf and life in general. Tried to continue playing into my early 20's, but got frustrated with my lack of time to practice, and lack of funds to pay for fees, equipment, etc... Gave it...
Just getting into golf, so my suggestions might not be the best... Springfield CC: fairly wide open, forgiving, good shape but not too interesting Paxon Hollow: really interesting, combo of open holes and tight tree-lined, great shape; short course, use irons off the tee quite a bit, but a really fun course for a high-handicapper; nice value The Golf Course at Glen Mills: pricier than you're looking for ($80 midweek), but may be worth it, depending on how often...
More important than brand of bike, as other's have mentioned, is bike fit. Also, hook up with a good local bike shop or cycling club that organizes group rides. You'll progress more quickly, and have more fun, if you go out with folks who are a bit better than you. I was heavily into racing for over a decade, but now just try to keep in shape. Golf is the new challenge, but cycling is an awesome sport for life.
I'd kick his arse in mountain biking, especially with that bad knee of his...But, I wouldn't kick his arse in biking as much as he'd kick my arse in golf.