or Connect

Posts by Brakkus

Being brutally honest yes because if we really admit it the driver doesn't lie about the state of our mechanics. It takes some real ego check to not play a round with it. I broke 90 without it a few times. A small fade with your irons becomes a big miss right with a driver. This whole summer I made a couple of swing changes everything in my bag was straight up to the driver. It had been all my longer shafted clubs that missed right. The biggest cause for me was coming...
I didn't worry about it because of threads like this articles and pictures like above. However I have always had a high ball flight and suspected I had a flip. Contrasting the feels of flat and cupped at the top I started hitting balls. Even went as far as adding the turn of wrist into that from cupped in transition. It certainly feels more comfortable to have the club resting in your palm more with cupping particularly if you have a stronger grip. Ask yourself will that...
Hi Grant   Massive improvement very impressed. I too stumbled across Kelvin Miyahira at around hawaii and the spine engine theory. As with all golf mechanics you get very heated debate by some who wish to say it's pie in the sky. I just like the fact that he shows his findings with moving gif's and plenty of pics. Whether it's all accurate some will disagree but there are enough commonalities there for all to see.   I went out with the goal just to attain the lateral...
I had a putting horror show last week. 3 putted then 4 putt,3 putt,3 putt in a row. I don't feel particulary nervous over putts but I do putt inconsistently. Always said to myself putting is more mental not mechanical. Clearly I needed to investigate. After a putting session at home noticed my putter could be very wafty going back. Stumbled upon this advice and did more research. Tucked my right elbow in and hey presto it creates a nice anchor point. Also a different feel...
I quit after 3 years. Had a horrible time one round. Just frustrated that I couldn't play often enough. I literally play once a month at best. Fortunately I have good hand eye and games like tennis, snooker were always my favourites. The key to both those games is practice. You gotta love it. Golf is no different. Any task you do automatically is done everyday. Driving a car is complex set of movements done consciously and unconconciously. Yet we can do it because we spend...
http://www.lakesidepress.com/Golf/Contents.htm Have a read of this. It's got some great stuff really puts you in a proper mental space about golf. The guy is slightly negative though about talent and ability. I still think that I could be great if I had time and money to my advantage but it does set out the enormity of golf and a way to plan your way to a better game.
The main reason most people find golf hard and lose patience is because most take it up later on in life. Mainly due to money and most kids are not exposesd to golf. Here in the UK it would be football,rounders,hockey,and badminton or tennis you would play well before picking up a golf club unless your father plays and is rich enough to be a member who can show you some basics. The game has a fair number of pro's who grew up hitting chips and putts on golf courses next to...
I would have to disagree with that. I think its true of someone who has some swing knowledge. A beginner needs confidence and starting with the short game is a good area. Get confident with pitching and chipping early on. If you have access to a sizeable grass area in your own home or playing field take some wedges and practice some basic techniques in between your range time with the full swing. You won't regret it.The thread on ratio of practice time is very helpful on...
Hi guys I believe I was one of the posters who disagreed with the long game being more important. However after reading the data and experiencing first hand how my long game fell apart at Celtic Manor I have to say that long game allows you to use the short game. No good being a wizard around the greens without being able to position yourself first around the green. Example I hit into the wind on a 575 yard par 5. Hit into the rough and hit into the water. Wind against...
Hi guys Would love to put up some pictures but they are not good on my mobile phone. Weather was brutal. Roman Road course was tough and spectacular design but wind was very strong and due to all the rain it was very muddy. Somehow shot a 98 after not playing much this winter. Not bad for a championship course. Onto the 2010. Wow what a picturesque setting. Actually the conditions were soft and muddy probably worse than the previous day. Wind got strong as the day went...