or Connect

Posts by Brakkus

I had a putting horror show last week. 3 putted then 4 putt,3 putt,3 putt in a row. I don't feel particulary nervous over putts but I do putt inconsistently. Always said to myself putting is more mental not mechanical. Clearly I needed to investigate. After a putting session at home noticed my putter could be very wafty going back. Stumbled upon this advice and did more research. Tucked my right elbow in and hey presto it creates a nice anchor point. Also a different feel...
I quit after 3 years. Had a horrible time one round. Just frustrated that I couldn't play often enough. I literally play once a month at best. Fortunately I have good hand eye and games like tennis, snooker were always my favourites. The key to both those games is practice. You gotta love it. Golf is no different. Any task you do automatically is done everyday. Driving a car is complex set of movements done consciously and unconconciously. Yet we can do it because we spend...
http://www.lakesidepress.com/Golf/Contents.htm Have a read of this. It's got some great stuff really puts you in a proper mental space about golf. The guy is slightly negative though about talent and ability. I still think that I could be great if I had time and money to my advantage but it does set out the enormity of golf and a way to plan your way to a better game.
The main reason most people find golf hard and lose patience is because most take it up later on in life. Mainly due to money and most kids are not exposesd to golf. Here in the UK it would be football,rounders,hockey,and badminton or tennis you would play well before picking up a golf club unless your father plays and is rich enough to be a member who can show you some basics. The game has a fair number of pro's who grew up hitting chips and putts on golf courses next to...
I would have to disagree with that. I think its true of someone who has some swing knowledge. A beginner needs confidence and starting with the short game is a good area. Get confident with pitching and chipping early on. If you have access to a sizeable grass area in your own home or playing field take some wedges and practice some basic techniques in between your range time with the full swing. You won't regret it.The thread on ratio of practice time is very helpful on...
Hi guys I believe I was one of the posters who disagreed with the long game being more important. However after reading the data and experiencing first hand how my long game fell apart at Celtic Manor I have to say that long game allows you to use the short game. No good being a wizard around the greens without being able to position yourself first around the green. Example I hit into the wind on a 575 yard par 5. Hit into the rough and hit into the water. Wind against...
Hi guys Would love to put up some pictures but they are not good on my mobile phone. Weather was brutal. Roman Road course was tough and spectacular design but wind was very strong and due to all the rain it was very muddy. Somehow shot a 98 after not playing much this winter. Not bad for a championship course. Onto the 2010. Wow what a picturesque setting. Actually the conditions were soft and muddy probably worse than the previous day. Wind got strong as the day went...
Hi Mike thankyou very much for this. I have tried all sorts of chip putt methods. As someone said earlier in the back of the stance is the main culprit. I hinge and hold for most short game shots but sometimes the ground around the hole is rock hard or bumpy during summer. Sliding a wedge under is almost impossible. This method just gives the ball enough lift. I experimented with some clubs including the sand wedge. It's all about specific shots for certain...
It's not me that I'm worried about. I am under no illusions about my own golf. This course will play much longer this time of year we have had so much rain especially in Wales.It's my mate that worries me. He's talking big and this has happened before. He's one of those guys who plays golf swing at the course. Obsessive nature gotta love him but he can get frustrated.However Celtic Manor has plenty to do as well as golf so should enjoy it as a whole.
Hi guys I'm really excited about this coming Monday. A very good friend of mine has paid for a winter deal for us to play the Ryder Cup venue. Fortunately Gareth Edwards has a course review on youtube featuring every hole. I am likely not to play a course of such caliber again for sometime do I want to do well. I play off a 16 so I'm guessing if I shoot a sub 90 on the twenty ten that would be awesome. We are also playing Roman Road the next day which looks a much...