or Connect

Posts by Brakkus

Hi guys I believe I was one of the posters who disagreed with the long game being more important. However after reading the data and experiencing first hand how my long game fell apart at Celtic Manor I have to say that long game allows you to use the short game. No good being a wizard around the greens without being able to position yourself first around the green. Example I hit into the wind on a 575 yard par 5. Hit into the rough and hit into the water. Wind against...
Hi guys Would love to put up some pictures but they are not good on my mobile phone. Weather was brutal. Roman Road course was tough and spectacular design but wind was very strong and due to all the rain it was very muddy. Somehow shot a 98 after not playing much this winter. Not bad for a championship course. Onto the 2010. Wow what a picturesque setting. Actually the conditions were soft and muddy probably worse than the previous day. Wind got strong as the day went...
Hi Mike thankyou very much for this. I have tried all sorts of chip putt methods. As someone said earlier in the back of the stance is the main culprit. I hinge and hold for most short game shots but sometimes the ground around the hole is rock hard or bumpy during summer. Sliding a wedge under is almost impossible. This method just gives the ball enough lift. I experimented with some clubs including the sand wedge. It's all about specific shots for certain...
It's not me that I'm worried about. I am under no illusions about my own golf. This course will play much longer this time of year we have had so much rain especially in Wales.It's my mate that worries me. He's talking big and this has happened before. He's one of those guys who plays golf swing at the course. Obsessive nature gotta love him but he can get frustrated.However Celtic Manor has plenty to do as well as golf so should enjoy it as a whole.
Hi guys I'm really excited about this coming Monday. A very good friend of mine has paid for a winter deal for us to play the Ryder Cup venue. Fortunately Gareth Edwards has a course review on youtube featuring every hole. I am likely not to play a course of such caliber again for sometime do I want to do well. I play off a 16 so I'm guessing if I shoot a sub 90 on the twenty ten that would be awesome. We are also playing Roman Road the next day which looks a much...
Hi Diablo My own swing has been built on one plane teaching. I actually became aware of it through golflink and Mike Labauve. That led to me buying Jim Hardy's book which gave me the worded concept more than anything and the technical do's and dont's. For the visual info found out that Jeff Ritter was taught by Hardy and he has lots of free videos on Youtube and I have written to Jeff and he does offer online coaching if that's the route you want to go.
Now not really because I have found my own wheelhouse as a player. In the beginning most definitely. Friend of mine who at his best is an 80-85 shooter made me want to play better. He's the most passionate and serious player I have played with. Once he shot 80 and I 110 so it was inspiring to try and match him which after 7 years I have finally done
Well I agree the par 5's are the easiest holes. I meant the par 4's because I nailed several 5 and 6 irons in the 160-180 range got pars on some of those par 4's.The trouble was I missed some easy par 3 shots one being a 7 iron from 145 that I dumped in the front bunker. So I need to brush up my bunker play first and the mental side of feeling that I should hit a par 3 in one shot.
Short par 3 seen many in 100-110 range Long there is one at a course I have played it's 207 but it's uphill. Plays 20 yards longer than that. It's a hybrid for me. Short par 4 played 253 but topography of the hole makes them difficult Long I've seen 440 which really is a par 5 for me. Short par 5 475 out of the holes I've encountered. Long 638 yards I know of one course where this the case in my county.
For me it is split into three things. Mental Highly recommend reading Dr Bob which ever one you chose read em all if you can same basic message. Physical Practice more than you play. A crap swing will produce the same results wherever you play. I broke 100 barely playing 6-8 rounds a year because I hit balls at home in a net,range,and chipping&pitching on the lawn. Strategy You can still shave strokes by smart play but you have to be really humble. The number on your...