or Connect

Posts by Brakkus

Played a round today so did 3 hours hope that qualifys!! Went with the goal to play to my strengths. I'm never going to be freaky long off the tee so didn't try. Hit it smooth and play for position with longer clubs. No point being short and crooked when you can be short and accurate. Irons just suit me so aggressive cuts at the ball often pay off even if I just miss the green I have a shot. Recently changed my grip on my putter to superstroke and the increased feel is...
Just wanted to post this here after this evenings round. Played what would qualify as my local club. Scored 81 a career low. I think I'm going to be kicked out of this club. Just strategically did everything I wanted to do.Hit driver twice one in rough one in fairway. Took a variety of clubs off the tee tonight mainly 3 wood. However it was my PW that was on fire. When I missed the green with irons or couldn't reach in two I gave myself chances at putts. 29 putts with...
Sorry I was slow to pick up the joke doesn't always come across in print😃 The trouble being at this current ability is many times you will have pulled off really great shots. I always find myself now thinking risk reward. Had two snowmen one on a part and a par. Both because I decided on driver. I had a shot after both drives but played recovery shots. The par4 I was left with 45 yards for my third shot over a bunker. Hit the lip rolled in took 3 shots to get out very...
Did about 10 swings in the net today. My main focus was right elbow room allowing some space at the top of the swing so I don't get stuck on the way down.Seen my swing in slo-mo and I don't get that right elbow forward enough. Also did some wedge work. Short pitches are my main goal picking random targets in the grass outside as landing areas as I have no putting surface to work with. Working on a loose feel in my arms so I can improve my touch.
I bought into a swing model one plane stuff mostly. The trouble with swing models is they leave something out that the body does naturally and athletically. Now I have freed myself up to refine my own movements and keep an open mind on golf instruction. Picked up 15 yards with my irons and about 25-30 on the longer clubs.Being honest with you paralysis by analysis is a danger with swing mechanics but being anylitical about your round is well worth it. If you are mid...
You are an inspiration sir. All the best and golf is great game for the soul and to be enjoyed.My own goals I have an ongoing medical condition very controllable but I need dietary changes and serious now about keeping in physical shape to swing now in my early 40's.I'm a 15.7 currently but I can definitely see my self dropping another 6 strokes. Most of which are from errors of judgement rather than swing errors. I would like to get down to a 12 by this time next year....
I have been so little to the range this year. Because of my work and distance involved getting to one. Since having a net I practice in it all the time.The other benefit is the amount of time I now spend with my wedges at home and the putter. The range seems to make me want to hit it further. Just having those big numbers out there sucks you in. Also the mats are different from hitting of grass at home.Really would love a big open field where I could hit into rather a...
It depends doesn't it how much you want to improve. I love golf at this time of my life because it's relaxing and slower paced than my busy exhausting life. I will take pictures of the wildlife sometimes when I'm on my own.Also it's a skill and as my skill level rises so does the enjoyment of the game. I would always have a fair idea of when I had 3 putted a green or missed and iron or hit a ball OB.Because I hit shots I would consider serviceable I overestimated my...
Interesting I know as I have read all the latest evidence to the contrary regarding the short game. Read a sample of Bob's from the unstoppable golfer. He said gir determines the highest score you could shoot. A pro may hit 15 greens and shoot 75 if his putting and wedge are off. If his short game is on then he will shoot in the low 60's.For an amateur who hits maybe 3-5 greens then 90 or so is the highest but a great short game can help you shoot low 80's.I know lots of...
I would say finesse pitches have been my weakest short game area anything up to 50 yards or so. Realised I was too rigid with that left arm. Softening the elbow joint cured the intermittent contact. Sometimes I would hit complete bricks or shanks to the right. Soft lead elbow allowed the right arm to release on the follow through and now my bounce really slides under the ball. I don't know if Mike agrees but you can still fat the shot up in your stance because there's...