or Connect

Posts by Simon Plumb

It's all about old-school Callaway woods with an RCH-36 Pro Series shaft. Freddie Couples' favourite shaft apparently and Darren Clarke still plays a Steelhead with an RCH-36.
Go for it. About eight years ago I was working in a golf shop, playing well with a set of Cleveland TA3's at the time. A beginner came into the shop to buy a set of irons, part exchanging a set of Tour Models in mint condition. I personally bought them off him for $200 there and then and still have them in the bag now. The Cleveland's are long gone and I was playing to 4 with them, says it all. The big muscle back means they're not actually that hard to play. I...
Like has been said before, don't get one for the sake of getting one. But, if you know you get on well with classic, Anser-type putters, you can't go wrong. In my opinion they're not the softest feel-wise (say, to an Odyssey Black Series), but they give you the most 'responsive' feel. I've had mine for about 10 years now and I haven't had anything else in the bag for that time. You can get them on EBay, but make sure it's in good condition. Yes, these things rust,...