or Connect

Posts by BigDaddy_Sean

Can honestly say my Rocketballz factor is +17!   Had a fitting today for my R11S at my local golf shop, they have a Trackman.   I already had it setup about as good as can be although my swing speed has lost a couple MPH (must be because of beginning of season!).  Swing Speed: 104 - 107, Ball Speed: 158 - 164, Launch: 10 - 11.. Distance: 280 - 285.   Hit my Taylor Burner TP 3 wood, distance 235 - 240.    Hit one of their Rocketballz Tour Spoon (I have one...
I majored in Computer Science and minored in Accounting.   15 credit hours is more than enough per semester.. loading up more will be tough.   And that's not entirely true about coaches at the collegiate level... My division II school my coach was the head pro, and played on florida tours when younger.  The assistant pro helped out as well who was also a teaching pro.  Around here now, most of the DIII or community college coaches are assistant pro's at local...
Detroit Metro Michigan courses started opening last week.   Our winter was fairly dormant, it was in the 50's mid January and people were playing.    I got a buddy with an OptiShot simulator setup in his garage so we've been playing that throughout the winter.   Just got out to the range twice this past weekend, was in the 60's yesterday.  Today rain, but rest of week supposed to be 60's and sunny.   Hoping to get my first round in tomorrow... gotta try...
I played at a DII school in the mid 90's as well.  The program just started so they kept 12 players and the college course wasn't open yet.   We had a competition day at our range the first day that had 2 practice holes, putting, chipping, and challenges.  I finished in the top 3 out of 25 on that day.   2nd day we went to a local public course, left my bag on the bag rack to go putt, went back 15 minutes later and it was gone!  The same bag but different clubs...
Just pre-ordered the 13 degree fairway wood through Edwin Watts... shipping on 3/15!   I lived with my burner tp for 3 years.. my old Callaway Bobby Jones went about 15 yards further than that.  Hopefully I'll get the 15 yards back with the rocketballz!!!!   Oh, and just got a R11S to replace my G10 ... bag revamp for start of season!
5 over going into 17.. 195 yd par 3. nutted a 5 iron to 15 feet. proceed to 3 putt.. lost the hole to partner getting up and down. last hole, put a wedge to 5 feet for birdie.. 3 putt ..lose the hole by 1 and the match. :(
I just started playing regularly again last summer after a layoff for about 5 years. I was a competitive golfer from the age of 13 on through 22 years old playing in high school and college, finishing with about a 1.5 handicap when i was 22. Afterwards, it was more fun, playing once or twice a week and the occasional tournament. Last fall I got my handicap back down to 2.8, but any real competitive round I'd shoot 80 - 85. This year, I've played roughly 10-15...
I picked up a set of AP2's end of last year and was hitting them pretty descent but not getting the best results out of them. When I'm off my game I struggle hitting them solid consistently and I lose quite a bit of distance. I've been going around hitting 6 - 9 greens per 18 holes and it's getting real frustrating. I used Tommy Armour 845's for 10 years before I got the AP2's and I was very consistent with them .. So.. off to the golf store last night and I tried a...
yup.. and i'm gonna walk it to get my walking legs back. it's not that difficult of a walking course.. my tee time is at 7:15am and it's 1/2 hr away. getting up early saturday! lol.
Ahoy polloi 'Au revoir, gopher' Gunga galunga The Flying WASP