or Connect

Posts by ElWagonne

Another forgotten benefit to this.......no more Chris Berman being trotted out like a thoroughbred at a NASCAR race.
I may be in the minority here, but I prefer Joe Buck to Jim Nantz (though it's kinda like saying I prefer the pain of stubbing my toe to a toothache).  Fox didn't mess up when they grabbed the NFL, so I'm sure that this will work....just don't go grab that Chamblee character....can't stomach him.
Instead of 14 comments, it'd be closer to 140 lol
  Seriously Shorty, which of these 2 are you?
Sounds like some gamesmanship to me.  I'd use the art of sarcasm to show that I was not pleased.  This will also assist in helping me to keep my composure so that it won't affect me later in the round.
Around these parts, Texas Star and Grapevine can put up a fight with any muni you can think of IMO.
It's all about line of sight for me, though I tend to stand still off to the side.
The thing with Bubba is that he seems to care so much about how his image is portrayed.....then he has episodes where he's acts quite petulant (see last yr. in France for another example).  I'll readily admit that I don't care for him, not b/c he has blow ups but because he purposely tries to create an image that is probably far from what he really is. 
I'm inclined to agree with this. I prefer not to prop up athletes then bring them down, but something about Bubba rubs me the wrong way.  It just seems like he went from a big, petulant golf star to a Mickleson-like image with a southern accent almost immediately (some say Phil's image is a bit manufactured too, but not my point here).
Someone once said winning is the best deodorant.  Bubba has always been like this, it was just the 'deodorant' of a green jacket (with the addition of him carefully crafting his image) that has kept this relatively hidden for the past couple of yrs.