or Connect

Posts by iQuest Golfer

It's the season for bashing golf and certainly a sign of the times with elitist idiots (ooops! sorry, I promised my left-leaning brother I wouldn't call them idiots anymore) in the MSM. It's OK... I'll be walking the course on Firday and Saturday wrapped up in the sanctity of blessed fairways and greens. Fore!
You have got to admire old Hank trying to fix Sir Charles' shanks; it's always been fun, that son of a gun, making Charles into someone he ain't. Who really cares if Hank cures him? And, if he does, who's going to be his next patient... John Daly? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that would be worth watching!
I workout so I can improve my golf - and, it's working. I'm a morning person so I hit the fitness center 3-5 days a week from 6-8am. Generally, MWF - weight training (45 minutes) and cardio (30 minimum to 50 minutes max). TTS - cardio (35 minutes jog/run) with flexibility exercises and some simple yoga. During the golf season, I cut back to MWF. I walk on the course as much as I can usually getting in 2-3 rounds a week. Good luck! You can't go wrong with weight...
Generally, I like to walk; however, in the U.S. we have evolved into a golf cart dependent society. When playing among my circle of golfing friends and the majority want to ride, I ride... more often, at our club, we are encouraged to walk. Everyone here has debated the pros and cons of riding and walking and which is or isn't faster. I like to play golf... so, I'm not hung up on walking or riding. I am a fanatic about pace of play; so, I can relate to much that...
I agree with RC. The information on grip alone will pay for the book. If it's the only book you buy for your library, it will all be valuable read. Hit'm straight!
I suspect that is why Clegg was trying to take pictures, for the perspective, ya think? It is tragic.
While Daly is struggling to recover, I'm siding with him on this incident. The spectator was a jerk and should have been ejected from the gallery for taking pictures against the terms and conditions of the tickets... >>Clegg said he didn't think he provoked Daly by going so close. "I was bold, but I wasn't unreasonable," Clegg said. Terms and conditions for tickets at the Australian Open prohibit the use of cameras on the course for spectators.<< By who's definition is...
It's been a crazy season... and, "it ain't over 'til it's over." As a Big 10 fan, it's been a tough year... I was at the Big House when Utah started Michigan's downward spiral; at the Horseshoe when Penn State beat the Buckeyes; and now the Hawkeyes... Wow! Lot's of big games coming up on November 22nd... can't wait!
Yes, golf can provide happiness... a measure of happiness. I, personally, don't think it's the "end all" to happiness but, it can help (for many, it's a major contributor to happiness). It has been covered in other posts... there are other things that can enhance happiness outside the ropes; however, only with golf can there can be a bunch of things all rolled into one sport/game: outdoors, family/friends, competition, fun, traditions, etiquette, trust, honesty, you...
Hard to pick favorites. Lot's of players have made a mark on the game and rise and fall over their careers. But, here goes... PGA - Tiger, Wier, Mahan, Duval, Kim, Furyk, Choi, Els, Rose, Lefty... LPGA - Pressel, Pettersen, Ochoa, Annika, Creamer, EURO - Harrington, Garcia, Monty, Karlsson, Poulter, Scott, Fasth, Clarke Champions - Crenshaw, Kite, Watson, Langer, Strange, Sutton, Cook, Funk Nationwide - de Jonge, Atwal, Barnes, Reifers, Knost,...