or Connect

Posts by MMouse

As far as price you are absolutely right and that's what has intrigued me in regards to the clubs. I love the X-Forged, but keep hearing things about these Nike's and I need some new sticks before next year. I've changed the driver, wedges, putter and now it's the irons turn.
I'm in Canada, but we've had some different problems. Severe rain has had the course closed on numerous occasions, open only to walking ( which I don't mind ), had two par fours changed to par threes due to excessive standing water and another par 4 shortened to avoid balls landing/golfers walking on a very very damp area. Another par 3 has been closed on several instances as the green has been soaked ( after it was opened I hit the front half and my ball literally...
I've quite frequently hit the Callaway X-forged and like them a lot. I've also hit the Nike Full Cavity and liked it, but am looking for something a little more demanding as my ball striking continues to get better. Anyone here hit these clubs and what were your thoughts? I know I love the Callaway, but have heard some great things about the Nike's this year, unfortunately my pro shop only carries Callaway and some Cobra so I've been limited as to what I 've actually...
First of all, I love the sign in your avatar pic. There's a sign similar ( tho not nearly as funny ) at a golf course here because they have a housing development directly along one of the par 5's. Haven't broken any windows, but have left some balls in yards for the kids to play with. On S & T, I too was frustrated with it for quite a long time and can feel your pain. A few things that have helped me: - truly tilting my upper body towards the target on the backswing ...
I have a very, very weak lower back as per conditions I've had since birth. S & T has never given someone like me any issues concerning the back . I've got to agree with iacas that I feel it's easier on my back than a " conventional " swing.
Chipping for me is like putting. You've got to read it, where you want it to start , land. speed needed etc, practice the stroke, see it and then let it fly. I also only use a 7i or my SW depending on how much ground I have to cover before I let it land.
It's all about the instructor. I took a lesson a month and a half ago with the pro at my home course. I am just now starting to get back to where I felt I was before the lesson. I personally have seen much more progress by studying S & T as well as different books by people like Dave Pelz, Stan Utley etc and then practicing. I've added power and distance to my game to the point where I hit it as far or further than anyone I golf with, and my irons are cut down 1.5...
At my home course I sometimes play the blues. The blues at the course dont make a huge difference, mostly on the par 3's as two of them are already 180-190 from the whites. For me and my game I find the blues at this course actually help keep me out of trouble as my tee shots have a harder time reaching the well placed trouble. Now by contrast another local course has 4-5 tees ( can't recall ) including black. The black make a huge difference and I don't play the course...
Iacas I couldn't hit those. I couldn't bring myself to possibly scratch them.
Nope I don't. Can't say I have found myself in a place where having a left handed club more than 2-3 times this whole year would have saved me. You may want to look at some course management as opposed to swapping clubs in your bag.