or Connect

Posts by MMouse

I have to agree with playing the rules, in a tournament. If it's lift clean and place go for it, everyone else will be. Having said that, in your casual rounds why wouldn't you hit it where it lies? It's great practice. Your ball isn't always in an ideal lie like it is on the driving range so get used to playing shots that are from less than perfect lies. It'll help you adapt to the game .
I know there have been alot of threads surrounding this but I wanted to put a different spin on it. Everyone has a different swing, whether it's S&T, one plan two plane etc. Even within those the swings differ slightly. Just look at the pros, they are all different. To me once a player has their swing, perfect or imperfect, they are using that swing to hit the ball. Once they are doing that, outside of lessons and drills to correct imperfections they are really...
I had this problem too at one point except I was hitting them fat and thin. I was able to correct it by focusing on the straightening of my arms and swinging through once I extended. It may be correct or incorrect to look at it this way, maybe someone else can chime in. The extending or standing up is what really helped add the power and distance I was lacking at one point, so to me it was a CRUCIAL point .
I'm glad to see this thread. I know nothing about shafts, and because of that here is what I come to logically. Steel shafts offer better control, but would lack distance and weighs more. A regular graphite shaft ( for someone like me ) would afford more distance due to the subtle whipping of the shaft but would give up some of that control. So a stiff graphite shaft would offer someone like me better control, lighter weight but may lose distance due to lack of...
Was match play. Dropped 5 holes on the front. Finished the back only down 1 hole.
Can't remember the last time i changed it. It wearing a small hole in the palm where I hold the club as well as on the thumb. I have another in my bag, but this one is broken in and just feels nice so I keep wearing it.
For me this is where my disappointment came in with the Stack and Tilt DVD's. There weren't really any drills and such to develop it. Here's the idea, do this, don't do that, this is why and there you go. Great drill (found similar one on youtube ) for helping with impact. For a lot of golfers ( myself included ) this is a big hurdle in learning the swing. What is instint, flip, twist etc the wrists to add some power. Once you get past that and learn how to...
Power and distance. When using stack and tilt I'm losing it and badly. If I use a different driver swing ( reverse k set up etc ) i can hit it 230-250 yards . Stack and tilt, maybe 210. Any ideas?
So while playing a match against my partner I fell apart in the first 9 and fell down by 5 holes. As we came around to the back I made a grip change and put the club more into the lifeline of my left hand ( right handed so top hand ) Boom. Out drove him, straight with a little draw at times. I managed to come back to within 1 hole. Anyone grip the club like this? Any forseeable reasons to stop doing it? I felt it helped me keep my left wrist flatter and under...
Ditto to everything being said. Callaway Big Bertha's ( any year ) can be found in various places for great deals and are a great super game improvement iron. The Adams sets being made now are great for the category too though. I personally would buy a set of game improvement irons and work on getting consistent contact. You get to practice while still enjoying the game because of the forgiveness. As you get better you can apply the swing you've built to...