or Connect

Posts by MMouse

I scored what I felt was a deal at the time, $150 to upgrade to Callaway Big Bertha's over my Dunlop set. Nike putter I got a deal on locally for $30 Driver was a straight trade: my Nike Sumo2 5900 High launch for Taylormade R580xd. The Nike worked really well for me while I was building a swing but it was time to move on. My playing partner traded me and gave the Nike to his wife. Wedges: still the Bertha's in the bag, but ordered a set of Adams Watsons 2010's for $65...
As a kid I was very very involved in martial arts. I studied and competed,even had the opportunity to compete internationally in taekwondo. What does this have to do with stack and tilt, or golf at all? Well, I was a big Bruce Lee fan. The reason I was a big fan wasn't the movies it was his creation of Jeet Kune Do. Bruce created a way of fighting that wasn't "traditional", yet it was. The idea was to take what worked and strip away what didn't work. Instead of...
Just picked this up and have also only watched putting so far. I played last night and what a difference just watching it once and trying it made on my putting. The 25/75 rule helped me ALOT, as did keeping my eyes behind the ball. I've always putted with my eyes right over top of the ball, but what a huge difference it made to be inside and behind.
I'm hitting a 580XD right now and have thought about changing. It's hard though. Last year I wasn't using a driver and used 3 wood instead. Then I bought a Nike driver and it improved a little. Then ended up with this driver and my driver has become one of my most reliable clubs. Yes they are old and there might be some extra distance etc to be found but why bother? I know how far it is going and where it is going for the most part. That to me is the makings of a club...
Always and like has already been said it is only barely with the ball still basically on the ground. When I tee up an iron shot I look at it as being able to give myself the best lie possible for the shot. I get to pick the spot, the height etc so why wouldn't I? With that mentality the ball is still basically on the ground, but is aided by the tee.
I found the same thing. The X-22 was definitely nice but the Diablo forged just felt so good lol. I'm playing 02 Big Bertha's right now and as many of you already know I don't feel anything. Swing the club and watch the ball fly, just like they were designed to do lol. Luckily my regular partner and I each pay attention to each other's swings and ball flights so he can tel me what I just did because the club doesn't. There is no feedback. The forged felt good, but I was...
Up here in Canada you can find an endless supply of hockey stick style putters for a variety of teams. I know it's not the exact Happy Gilmore putter, but thought I would share. http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...-P9072C25.aspx
Grass at my home course driving range. It was Callaway demo day as well as the Men's Open. The rep was there with all the clubs, fitting system etc so I had the opportunity to hit a variety of clubs, but steered clear of the tour and the x-forged under the thought that they likely wouldn't work out for me. After asking me some questions, the rep reccomended the Diablo edge, which I hit similar to my current Big Bertha's ( imagine that ) My playing partner who is...
As a high capper I agree with this and wrking on it has improved my game HUGELY. In addition I always found a lack of any kind of distance using the arms, which lead to overswinging, which lead to all kinds of problems. Just by focusing on a smooth swing using my body, I have become more consistent and gained distance to the point where this past weekend I was overshooting greens because I thought the club I had would "get close, or on " and instead went too far. All...
As a high handicapper, how well would the X-forged play to my game ( hypothetically of course ) When I was demoing the Diablo forged it was like butter. I could work the ball, consistent contact and distance. I had looked at the X-forged but wasn't sure if they would allow much forgiveness for me.