or Connect

Posts by RickK

Not saying it is impolite at all.  I think players should be aware of where they are in relation to the group ahead of them.  I have always figured that the guys should offer to let me or my group play thru instead of me having to ask them if there is really an open hole or more ahead of them.  And, in my part of the world, most do offer to let you play thru.  Not all will.  If there seems to be a big gap, as I said I will skip a hole or two...if I really am in a hurry.
I have been playing golf for 45 years and I have never asked a group ahead of me if I can play thru. Just not something I would ever do. I have told the group I was going to skip a couple of holes and go ahead but I would never just cut in front of someone unless there was a gap there.I am always aware of where my group stands in relation to the group ahead of us. I have no problem telling my group if we are falling behind. But sometimes it happens and we will have a...
Tried it multiple times over the past years with no success whatsoever.  I just could never get my hands on the putter in a comfortable position...especially the right hand when trying left hand low.  I tried all sorts of different hand positions.  Tried the super big grip, the more midsize grip and ended up back with a regular grip size.  What I did change that made a world of difference to me...and yep, it looks about as stupid as it is going to sound...I grip the putter...
I see you are from the part of the world where I came from.  Here is my story...Playing at Roebuck Golf Course in Birmingham:  My B-I-L and I are a twosome and they send out 2 singles with us.  One guy seems to be a "golfer", the other guy...well let's just call him "tennis shoe" cause he is playing in tennis shoes.  It is a fairly slow day and the group behind us would sometimes be waiting behind us on the tee box for us to tee of.  Knew there was a lot of beer...
You and I are probably quite a bit older than most who have posted on this thread.  What actually tweaked my interest in golf way back in the late 60s was the fact that my wife's uncles all played golf and their families congregated at my home for most holidays.  Couple of birthdays always coincided with Masters weekend and they would all be at my house watching The Masters after going out to play that morning.  They got me interested in playing.  But, watching Palmer and...
Ball goes in back pocket, reach up and take off your hat with your left hand and then tuck your putter under your left armpit and across your left forearm with your right hand....then your right hand is free to shake hands.  It is not all that hard to do...seriously...it is not.  As clutzy as I am, I've been able to pull it off ever since I started wearing hats to play golf.
When I was in India (Delhi and Hyderabad) this past spring, it was common to see men relieving themselves on the streets and roads out in plain sight.  Sure, they had their back turned to the street but it was pretty obvious.  In a one block span, I saw 5 guys taking a leak just off the sidewalk.
I play golf mostly in Texas and most (not all) greens are some strain of bermuda.  Stepping in someone's line is not such a big deal, especially since most clubs today require soft spikes.  So, unless someone is turning and twisting when they step on your line...you are right...not such a big deal.On the other hand, I have played a fair amount of golf on bentgrass greens.  On those greens, you seem to have more of a visible footprint left for a very short period of time. ...
I put mine laser rangefinder and my Skycaddie in my carryon bag that also contains my laptop.  I have asked them before if they wanted me to take ALL electronic devices out and the answer has always been "no, only the laptop".  Never had any issues at all and I fly multiple times each year with my clubs and golf electronics.
I should have been a little more clear.  My tournament league does not allow it....condition of competition.