or Connect

Posts by RickK

I see this thread has gone off in a different direction but your question was answered a couple of times.  No, you do not have to be a member of a club.  Check local golf courses around you and see if they offer a handicapping service such as GHIN.  Many do. I play in a Greater Houston traveling tournament league and with membership to our league we pay for GHIN handicapping service.  A member has to keep his dues paid up and if he does his GHIN service is active.  We have...
I too agree.  And, if you slow that video down so that you can place a pointer where the ball is lying on the green, it is very easy to see that the marker he put down was not moved forward.  It was in the correct spot.  He did not mark the ball where it ended up after rolling.  No penalty.
No, I play in a tournament league (20 plus events each year) and I also play in other tournaments that are played under USGA Rules of Golf.  So, no need for me to use an illegal driver even if for not tournament rounds.  I maintain a USGA handicap and I want to post every score...legally.
 Me too.
If I have a reasonable chance of hitting the green and it is not a tournament, I am loading it up and going for it all the time. If I am playing in a tournament, then it depends on what kind of trouble there is and where that trouble is.  If there is water in front of the green and any kind of miss is going to find it, then I am laying up to around 100 yards. Also, if there is OB close to both side of the green and not much bail out area, then I probably will lay...
It took me about a year and half.  I played once a week for about 6 months ( I also played industrial league baseball) and finally got tired of not having a clue.  I found a place to practice hitting my irons and went over there 3 or 4 times a week.  Hit lots of balls.  I understand physics so I understand what causes the ball to curve right or left.  A lot of my problem was learning distances I hit my clubs.  And, then there was putting and chipping.  Looking back, I...
This thread got long in a hurry and I did not read each and every post...but here is my 50cents worth.  I have played a lot of golf with a lot of guys who are/have been pros and who are/have been ranked amateurs.  They all say the same thing...even par will not make the cut.  Today's golf courses are long monsters for most amateurs. So you have to be able to bang the ball out there with the big boys and you have to have a deft touch short game.Whereever you play...you need...
The slice is costing you yardage.  You need to put in some time on the practice range and work on hitting the ball squarely on the back inside portion of the ball with the center of a square clubface.   Work on trying to draw the ball.  You will add yardage.  Work on watching the clubhead hit the ball on every shot. I also agree that you should get a 3wood.  If you can get somewhere and check your swing speed that would help you decide if you need regular flex shafts. ...
Ok, ok...I am not going to do a quote/reply.  That piece of this thread is getting longer and longer. So, for those of you intent on "beating me up" on my statement about laying up to a yardage I like...let me see if I have this correct. Let's say I am on a  par 5 and I am 275 out before my 2nd shot.  So, you are saying I should pull out the 3 wood and bomb it as far as I can, leaving myself less than a full club in cause at 69 years old I cannot hit 3 wood 275...do I...
Hmmmm...maybe but maybe not. I will stick with my comfort. Oh Man...how could I have missed it...no wonder...you are trying to SELL me something.So, you are trying to SELL me something.If I had the time to devote to such a shot, I would. Unfortunately, I don't. Maybe if I did, I could get to single digit. But, I was single digit before and never relied on that shot. If you are a good putter, you put more faith in your putter than you do those touch pitch shots. Also, I...