or Connect

Posts by RickK

So true.  And, there are a lot of other "freedoms" that are usurped by vocal minorities while the majority remains silent.  We will suffer those some day also.  Sad...
Ball flies into steep face of bunker and the sand covers the ball.  2 people are in the bunker removing sand in attempt to find the ball. The ball is found and the player decides to deem the ball unplayable.  He must drop the ball in the bunker.  Both his footprints and the footprints of the player who was helping search for the ball are in the bunker.  Before he drops the ball, is he allowed to rake the bunker?  I called myself searching the ROG and Decisions for an...
I am sure the golf course is real happy about that.  So, he is not paying a cart fee but he is still riding?  
When I only played one course all the time, my handicap did not travel well.  I started playing in a tournament league where we play 20+ different courses each year.  While my handicap did not change much by doing this, I found that I played better to the handicap away from my home course.  Familiarity of ones home course leads to over time not having to think much about where to hit the ball, distances to hazards, etc.  You hit it here, you automatically know you can hit...
Let me ask you a question.  You said you tried one of those braces and it did not do you any good.  Did you wear it only when playing golf?   I suffered for quite a while with tendonitis and got the air cast brace...the deal you wrap around your forearm.  Mine had this little air pillow that fit inside it.  I wore it every day...not just when playing golf.  Wearing it every day for a couple of months along with taking ibuprofen did the trick for me.  I started out just...
 From what I understand about the course ratings, it does not take into account age, how far you can hit it, and whether or not you are top ranked amateur or just a weekend hack.  Drop the men vs women analogy for a moment.  I am almost 69 years old.  If I am playing a set of tees defined for a tournament and I am playing against a 35 year old guy...for that set of tees the course rating and slope rating is going to be the same for the 2 of us.  PGA or LPGA players do not...
He may have been a little over zealous but....I would imagine if you went into the pro shop and explained what you were going to do, they might have let you take a cart and go out and check out the course.  I have done this before and most times...never had a problem.  But, to just walk out on the course without the shop knowing about it, I can see where they would have an issue with this.  
We had something similar happen in my tournament league a couple of years ago.  We were standing in fairway waiting to hit up to the green and the group ahead was moving all around and taking forever.  When we hit up, we realized why.  The hole was in an almost impossible position.  In the tournament, there were lots of 3,4 and 5 putts on that hole.  When the round was over, I went in and asked the pro..."Did you get any complaints about the pin placement on hole #1?"...
 One of my favorite parts of their telecast.
Not 100% of the time but yes they did on occasion.  I saw it multiple times during the 4 days.