or Connect

Posts by RickK

Some of the guys I play with in casual rounds will ask what I hit before they hit.  It is not a tournament and they never play in tournaments so I tell them.  Again, casual round.  They don't do it every hole or every shot.  Should be obvious if I have driver in my hand.  Other clubs...maybe not. Now, as far as not giving correct score, if I know they are wrong I will usually say something like Let's count them again and I start out telling what I saw.  They usually take...
Nope.  I think the fact that golf has matured is why we leave this alone.  It is fine just the way it is today.
The pros don't have a need to use range finders.  Their caddies have books that can tell you just about any yardage you could want.  They also know how far on the pin is and how far from either side of the green as well as green size front to back, side to side.  So, when you see them talking to their caddies before a shot, they are finding the distance (most of which was already gained by the caddie using a range finder to supplement the yardage books they use.
 Absolutely and it is in my bag all the time.  But, I play in a lot of tournaments each year so it is good to have one for cases just as the one being discussed in this thread.
Well, you gotta try the pimento cheese sandwich.  That's just tradition.  :) Souveniers and stuff you can buy at the shops on the course are not overly expensive. When I went last, people asked me to bring them back things and before it was all said and done I had spent almost $500. To get a feel, you really need to walk the entire course before you decide to find a place to just sit and watch.  It is well worth it to get to see the entire golf course, grounds, area...
Depends upon where I am and who is in the company I am with.  All Americans, I call it the British Open.  Otherwise, generally refer to it as the Open Championship...don't need someone correcting me.
I'm one of the odd ones apparently.  I bought a 14 divider TM bag, used it 1 time and gave it to my son.  I just did not like it.  I prefer the 6 slot bag.
Someone asked this a while back either on this site or another one.  I actually went out and checked just to see.  I still had the list and it has not changed. 14 clubs, all TM Umbrella I bag tag hanging on the bag received when I made my last hole-in-one Clip on Sunglass case with pair of NYX sunglasses Clip on bag containing pair of winter gloves and a pair of FJ rain gloves Inside the bag itself.... Large ziplock bag with golf gloves (currently 9) FJ Rain...
I would say that depends.  If they are sponsored by Callaway, they probably use the Callaway.  It is just personal choice for them just like for us.The reason you don't see Ricky Fowler or any other pro using them in a tournament....they are not allowed in tournament play by the PGA, which most tournaments are governed by...at least at this time.
Years ago, I used to play with a guy we nicknamed "just give me a double".  Most times, a double was gracious.