or Connect

Posts by localhawaii

One more vote for Hawaii.  Move to Honolulu, play year round golf. Meet some friends on the bases to play more golf.  Meet some friends with nice country club memberships, play more golf.   Island hop, play more golf.  The weather is beautiful, the women are beautiful, and depending where you play, the greens are beautiful. Half the holes on every course could be made into a postcard!     
Yah awkward is right!  Ya figure Kelly would pick up on his body language to lay off, but she kept pressing and he didnt seem too happy about it....
Aloha,   I actually travel to and from Hawaii to the mainland quite often and on the majority of my trips I make sure to bring my golf clubs.  As others have pointed out, make sure that the vehicle you'll be traveling in will be able to support a hard case.  If not, you'll definitely be in a bind.  If you will be taking a taxi, theres no doubt in my mind they'll ding you a few extra bucks for the hard case or even a golf bag being an "excessive" size.   In...
Well how many of us can actually say they played golf with obama? I can!  LOL, well we werent really playing together but he was about two holes behind me and my group.  Here is a pic of my buddy with Obama in the background.  At first we werent 100% sure but the many men with high caliber rifles were all over the place.  I was very tempted to hit into his fairway and see if I could get a handshake!   This was on 12/28/2008 at Olomana Golf Links in Waimanalo.  I also got...
Think its missing the "l" at the end of the url   http://www.newhorizonsgolf.com/square-face.html  
Aloha, Couldn't commit to playing a full round of golf today, so I did the next best thing and went to the range.  Actually I stopped off at the golf store and picked up a new set of clubs on the way!  :)   I've sat through a couple fittings in the past couple weeks and the recommendations I got were kbs 90's, or project x 5.5 or 6.   Ironically enough during my fittings, the stock steel stiff shafts on the burner 2.0's actually felt the best to me.  I picked those...
Thanks guys for the tips!  I'll hopefully be hitting the greens this weekend to test out the tips if this rain goes away!  Thanks again!
Aloha,   Are you open for trades or cash only deal?  Thanks!
Aloha,   Since I started playing again, I have found it very difficult lining up with the flag and hitting the green, especially on shots longer than 140 yards and out.  My ball flight is straight with only a very small draw if any at all, however, I find myself time and time again hitting a good ten yards or so to the right of the green.  I use the train tracks method to line myself up with the flag, but when i lay a club to down and step back or have a playing...
Aloha Golfers!   Its been 18 months or so since I took a break from playing golf and once again the bug is working its way back into my system.  After ultimately dropping down to a 14, after my break I find myself stuck as a low 20's handicapper.  Ironically enough, after getting a recent fitting, my swing speed has actually increased dramatically (108 mph with a driver, and about 80 with irons), yet my game is nowhere it used to be.  Looking forward to getting back...