or Connect

Posts by julius06

I just switched to the R11 from the G10. I never warmed up to the R7 or R9, but after having spent several hours with it on the range and on the computer, I pulled the trigger. I love the club coming from my Ping - which I thought I would finish one more season with FWIW.
I havent had all one brand of clubs in my bag since the starter set 15+ years ago.  I am like most people who have responded and will put in my bag what works regardless of the name on the club.  Although more recently (last 3 golf seasons), I have begun matching my driver and fairway wood.  I am sure its mental, but I feel better over my 3w when it has a similar profile to my driver.  I guess now that I think about it, my bag is as consolidated now as it ever has been...
It was complete domination. I think she had the rest of the field unglued with the sheer gap she put between herself and the rest. Her approach (and putt) on 18 was impressive given that she was basically in tears. My daughter and I watched it. I am thinking she has a new hero!
Last season was my first full season with a 4w in the bag. I often still carried a 3w as well (13.5), but found I was much more consistent with the 17* 4w then the 3w from both the tee and the deck. The 3w is sitting this season out.
LOL that's funny. My wife has a Ladies cobra driver and that thing sounds just awful. Almost like those old school wiffle ball bats we had in PE class.
I agree with much of what's been written. It also has everything to do with what you feel comfortable swinging. I went through a period where I carried long irons and even used them from the tee to the complete opposite where i held 3 woods and 3 hybrids and started my irons at the 6. Ultimately, I think I was using the forgiveness of the hybrid as a crutch for my poor ball striking and inconsistent swings. (My 2i tee ball days were years ago when playing several...
Well I bagged it. The monitor showed about 6 more yards with less spin then the G10. I also took the new Nike VR tour 420 for a spin and the numbers were nearly identical to the Ping. I really liked that stock shaft and had it not been for the $400 price tag, I may have given it more serious consideration. In the end, I was more consistent with the i15 and just fell in love with the feel of that club. I won't get it to the course for another week, but I will...
I can't play golf - but play well enough a few times per round to make me think I can play golf I hit 90% of my shots fat - just my driver occassionally (seems to appear randomly after about 5-6 fairways hit) I hit the ground with my driver when swinging - See above. The earth often catches my fury prematurely when I begin to feel confident. I hit my PW 110 yards - 135 here I can hit my driver 240 yards, but usually 190 and sky-high - 285 here. I make a good 'd'...
So after resolving to play this entire season with my G10 from last year, I found myself at my local pro shop killing time during my daughter's lesson. Today was the 4th lesson, and consequently, my 4th day at looking, holding, fondling the i15 in the shop. I finally broke down and took it out for a spin. Some background: I have been playing the G10 (9*) for a little more than a season now and have been very pleased with it. I have the pro launch red stiff shaft and...
good lie = 5i bad lie = 4i