or Connect

Posts by mdl

Yeah, fair enough.  My in-laws are Christian, most quite devout (i.e., missionaries on both sides).  They range from awesome to people with quite despicable social and cultural views.  I fully respect differences in religious belief with people who don't use it as a motivation to oppress others.  Haha.  Indeed.  I'm not Christian but I like to think I try to follow those kinds of teachings in my own way.  I surely fail most of the time as well.  Oh well, keep trying to...
 And we have a winner.
  At the poker table?  A decent amount of the time.  In life?  More often not.  I wear the hat mostly on the course, so when wearing the hat?  Almost never.  Oh yeah.  Seersucker is an awesome alternate option.  I've always been a sucker for white/blue seersucker, but I could roll with white/brown too.  Love the untucked shirt addition as well.  Though that would hide my curveball of adding a large belt buckle, maybe of my initials?  On the course, large golf club head...
 Sure, I'm agreeing with that.  At least that there are tendencies people are born with that in modern cultures is expressed as religious devotion.  It's just obviously not comparable to homosexuality.  And the fact that some people are born with more of a tendency towards religious belief is surely not an excuse to parlay that into a defense of oppression of women or homosexuals or natural believers who've chosen some other religion, as is done by a large number (a...
Stetson - The Gambler.  Someday I will play a round wearing this and a semi-translucent off-white linen suit and a linen oxford style shirt (also off-white, maybe light colored?) buttoned up just above halfway. 
I've never owned super expensive sunglasses, though I've owned many cheap and medium priced ones.  I've never once owned a pair that if I wore on the course I felt 100% about my depth perception and focus on the ball.  That's why I never wear them on the course, despite the fact that I live in SoCal and wear them pretty much 100% of the time I'm outside off the course.  It's one of the reasons I've taken to wearing a sort of old man style wide brimmed straw hat on the...
 I'm not going to get into the Christianity debate, but this is a laughably false equivalence.  There are 2-5% of people who, if you raise them in an ideologically heterosexual culture that would deny the existence of homosexuality if asked, violently oppresses homosexuals, and makes sure as many people as possible aren't even aware that it exists, are still homosexual and are attracted exclusively to people of the same gender.  They all have the same feeling.  They are...
I like the way Bubba plays.  He has unique length and a unique swing and style of play.  So it means he tends to play the course differently than most other guys.  Plus he's really good.  So I'm interested and entertained watching when he's in the hunt.   And I don't have any problem with his being devoutly religious.  I just view anti-gay rights comments from an athlete the same as I would racist or anti-miscegenation comments.  I might still enjoy the entertainment of...
I'm not super crazy about either.  Gave them both 3 stars.  I like the clean designs and the color scheme.  I'm also up in the air whether I'd vote orange "Lowest" or "Wins".  If you're dedicated to not having the graphic design clearly signal golf book, I might prefer bigger font for the subtitle (and maybe author names?) and no graphic at all.   If the pencil's the call, I think it might make it look more interesting if the pencil weren't parallel to either of the...
Yeah, @Golfingdad is right.  I was hoping to make it still but some stuff has come up and the past couple weekends and the next couple will be busy and stressful as well, including next weekend when I'll be away all weekend.  So I'm not gonna leave the wife by herself all day again.  Pregnancy has been kind of brutal on her.  So count me out for this go around.