or Connect

Posts by mdl

I agree with all of this except the last line.  I mean, pretty much everyone thinks Trump is a clown and a joke as a presidential candidate, so of course the media will essentially mock him.  But (for example) Ted Cruz's actual policy beliefs are no less radically far right, sometimes moreso, but the media's not "destroying" him.  I mean, they don't present him as a candidate with a serious chance of winning the election, or even really the nomination, but that's because...
 I'm rooting in the other direction, but even I wouldn't say no Republican can win!  Sure the Democrats are strong for presidential elections, but if Hillary implodes, you don't think Rubio or maybe even Walker couldn't beat.... who?  O'Malley?  Sanders?  And it's not like Hillary is some charisma machine without detractors across the political spectrum.  If the economy flattens out at the end of Obama's term I'd say the chances of a GOP win are real.
 This is the best line I've ever seen about Trump!
 Ha.  Yeah, when I do practice my (hopefully previous!) version of this shot, I tend to do better with reps consciously shortening the backswing.  It's just that on the course I find it harder to get away from the default stock swing, so I'll end up with a backswing halfway between what I wanted and a full swing, then I'll semi-consciously panic and make a weak, very non-aggressive downswing with the bad consequences I mentioned above. Just something else to practice more...
 Yeah. I admit I tend to just hit stock full swings unless closer than 90-100 yards with my 60˚. But I have a too big gap between my SW and PW (no GW for me, I like having a 5w/2h/2i and a 3i), so though I try to avoid it, I often end up having to hit a short PW for the approach. I hadn't seen this thread before, and I think I'll try this specific approach, but my self-taught method has just been fairly close: choke up a bit and try to take a shorter backswing.But I...
My oldest club is my Taylordmade R7 driver.  I used it for years, then snapped the shaft and figured I'd try a newer club.  Went through two drivers in pretty quick succession, then just reshafted the R7 and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.  I love the feel of the club, bomb the ball with good (relative to my handicap) aim, and when I'm swinging solidly or better can shape it either way without the movement feeling out of control.  Just hit it better than any...
Nice.  Wish I'd seen that.  Only ace I've seen in person was a skulled hybrid from ~180 that skipped maybe 4 times before getting to the fringe, hopping then rolling out and dropping.  Still sweet but feels cheap when it's on a huge mishit...
Nothing scientific, but I voted Spieth just cause I like watching him play more.  I mean, Rory's incredible when he's playing well, but I just like the way Spieth plays more. 
 Well I played a few TST SoCal tourneys before I moved.  I know I played with 3-4 guys who hit 7i 170 yards+.  And I do it.  And my best golfing buddy does it.  And he's maybe 5'9" with a paunch... But I agree there are a bunch of distance cards on here that I've never seen in person.
Wait, we had a long debate on a thread last year where some of the naysayers for aim at the middle were assuaged by the fact that the advice pertains mostly to left/right aim.  Like, over 80-120 yards, depending on how good you are, just aim at the middle of the green left/right every time (with some exceptions for particular green and green complex designs).  But, aim a bit toward center green back to front wise from the pin.  So tucked back pin, aim for distance maybe...