or Connect

Posts by mdl

Well, screw it.  Rather than wondering what's in the book, I've gone ahead and ordered it 
Wait.  Is getting an accurate scatter plot with multiple clubs and a large-ish sample size a requirement for implementing LSW approaches?!
 I think that's because in other sports you have no idea really if the 50 year old guy with a big gut who never shoots with his team at practice and isn't in good enough shape to play well anymore no matter how good he used to be was ever any good at basketball.  So your only option is to judge him as a coach by how much he improves his players.  And there's also the factor in team sports that a big part of being a good coach is managing a team and the game, which is...
 Well he's currently sporting a +2.7 index according to his profile, so with continued improvement now that he's getting on the mini-tours it doesn't seem by definition out of the question.  Would still like to see some swing video! (Not for "proof" or whatever, just to see)
 Yeah it's fun when you've got your attitude down and are hitting the ball well enough that even total scores you don't love feel like good or at least promising rounds (instead of like you're never going to learn to play well and did well to grind out your decent score with poor ball striking).  My only round since the baby was like that actually.  Will spare the details given it's your thread, but I hit +8 on the first 5 holes with no warm up then carded an 87 and felt a...
Wait, so you carded an 83 with a two hazard quad and a lost ball double and 35 putts.  You didn't mention any three-putts in your putting woes.  That means you lost 5 strokes on 16 holes with only one one-putt.  With 7 putts inside 10' that you missed, that means you put at least 2 full length approaches inside 10', and probably more like 1 inside 5' and 2 others between 5-10'!?  Plus 11 GIR?  That sounds like an awesome ball striking day to me!   And speaking of LSW...
Getting up at 4am and trying to calm my newborn bouncing on an exercise ball   That's a core workout, right?   Have been trying to fit in body weight stuff (push-ups, pull-ups, core, plyos, etc.) when I can.  Haven't beat 2x a week yet, but have gotten in 2 every week so far at least...
Well I answered above, but I'm a huge birdie ball advocate, so I'll vote for those.  Though I vote for them largely because they give great feedback while going way shorter than almost golf balls, so if you've got 4 acres and don't mind pretending your par 4s and 5s are dog legs that you can't cut, you could do the almost golf balls.   But anyway, I hit my 24˚ 4i ~200+.  In dead wind I'll hit birdie balls maybe 35 yards with a PW, 3w maybe 50?  I'm not 100% sure on...
 Yeah, although it's no certainty that the OP deserves it.  Sure, 155 is a solid 7i yardage for a lot of players, but if you're flipping and hitting super sky balls, I'd say that's not a perfect shot, or even a super desirable one, regardless of the distance.  I mean, there are worse misses to have (push fade two fairways over? Or is that just me...), but the flipped sky ball is definitely worth fixing.
 Ha. My only round since the baby was the weekend we were down at the in-laws. I'd push for this really hard but ironically my best golf buddy's co-ed baby shower (with a country club theme, yes he's cheesy) is that day 10-1.  So I'm out for this.  Fall is a real possibility though.  Too bad this is the one down in SD.