or Connect

Posts by mdl

One question, have you backed away from the right leg extension into impact, or is it just not a priority right now?  Probably I shouldn't venture any guesses with both Mike and Erik commenting (!), but it looks to me like that encourages hips off the wall, some loss of spine angle, and probably the steepness of the early down swing, though without going back to old videos to confirm, it looks to me like that last piece has improved regardless.   Kinda reminds me of...
FO view looks so much better!
 Right?  Even if one of those 3 non-pars on missed GIRs is a double, that's 4 over.  If you're striking the ball that well you'd hope that you're not 3-putting and converting at least a couple of 12 (!) chances at birdie, so 2 over...
 Don't forget proper pronunciation of 'den' as well.  It should be pronounced dawn-see-ay, with the 'aw' sound very nasal.
 This exactly.  I feel totally free to pick up any stray balls I find looking for my own as long as it seems clear that there's no chance this is a ball in play from another player on a different hole.  For this reason, I tend not to pick up balls just in some heavy rough between holes or in similar situations, even if in looking around it doesn't look like there could be a player whose ball in play this might be.   But unless you're on a totally empty course,...
Personally I think the wildly most likely theory is just that Trump's a crazy egomaniac and is getting off on all of this and wouldn't mind getting to actually run the country to boot.  He's so much better than everyone else after all!   But regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the hell is going to happen in the debate with him in the lead!
Caveat, my definition of good golfer has consistently changed to be basically a description of golfers who are better than me!  Five years ago I would have called someone like me a good golfer.  Now I'd feel like a lying self-promoter calling myself a good golfer.   I'd say the key differentiator is ball striking.  An average golfer's mistakes usually cost a stroke, sometimes two or more.  A good golfer's mistakes often don't cost a stroke, and rarely cost more than one....
This doesn't sound too mystifying.  First 9 you hit what, 18-19 putts, plus a couple holes where you misjudged the receptiveness of the greens and played a lower shot that skipped through the green.  Second 9 you dominated with the putter, so maybe 14 putts, plus you switched to high approach shots and didn't skip any through the green.  There's a 7 shot swing.  Never forget how much better a hot putter can make your score (and make you feel about how you played) relative...
Interesting story that gives a good view from both sides on trophy hunting big game in Africa.     http://www.vox.com/2015/7/29/9069795/cecil-the-lion-hunting   Short of it is that it goes both ways.  When hunting of the white rhino in South Africa was legalized and regulated with decently enforced quotas, their value to the locals skyrocketed and the population boomed from 100 to 10k!   With lions in particular though, legalized hunting has worked very poorly....
 Good point.  I'd be interested to hear too.  The only people I ever knew relatively well with traveling parents were military kids, and obviously a parent going on a 6-13 month stint (whether at war or a peacetime navy tour or whatever) is very different from what the OP's considering.