or Connect

Posts by mdl

My wife and I did a few cross country trips with a soft car top carrier, something vaguely like http://www.amazon.com/Rightline-Gear-100S20-Sport-Carrier/dp/B007WR25GG/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1436905029&sr=1-6   The one we had didn't have the hooks that are supposed to hook inside the door frame, but I'm not sure I would have trusted that anyway.  We just got some super strong climbing rope/webbing and wrapped that all the way around through the front doors...
 Right.  Didn't think of that.  And no, I didn't save the numbers.  In the middle of the fitting I thought to myself I gotta remember to ask for a print out of these numbers.  But then of course I forgot...
Thanks everyone.  Yeah the CBs weren't fitted, though I bought them used and they were at +2˚ and I kept them that way because they felt better and I suspected I'd get fit upright anyway.  But they were stiff shafts at standard length.  My VPCs will be 2˚ upright and +1.25 inches, extra stiff.     I'd gone in thinking I'd get 3i-PW, lofts bent a bit to close the distance gap but keep both my 19˚ hybrid and 54˚ and 60˚ wedges.  I wasn't expecting such a big distance...
I started working at Nike and get ~35% off on iron sets, so I pulled the trigger for the first time and got a new set, fitted properly (Vapor Pro Combos, 4i-GW).  Fitting was on a range with a Trackman and range balls.  With the range balls, and the same lofts as my current 695 CBs, I was gaining at least about 1 club in length with the wedges, and 1.5 clubs with the long irons.  For various reasons, I only have time to play in my weekly 9 hole league.  So I won't get the...
 My thoughts exactly.  There is only one median (per club), not a "best median". From the survey answers it looks basically like @Lihu's just asking for your handicap.  Excellent players won't flub it very often, so their median and mean should be relatively close, whereas a poor player hits a bunch of 40 yard dribblers and 130 yard bananas to go along with their straightish 220 yard shots in the fairway, so their mean will be much shorter than their median which will be...
I've started playing this shot and having success with this it recently as well!   Maybe I'm still taking too long of a backswing, but it feels at least like I'm stopping around A3, and I'm definitely holding off the finish, and I've never lost more than 10 yards with this shot, usually more like 5+, and sometimes nothing at all versus my stock full swing.  Not totally sure what the deal is there.  But I've just been playing it for 1/2 - 1 club down and it's been working...
Don't know where you live, but some golf shops both carry used iron sets and have stalls with trackman or similar (Roger Dunn in my old neighborhood had both).  If you can find such a shop, my advice would simply be to go and hit a couple clubs from each set they have in your price range and choose the one that feels best and gives the best results.
I noticed that too and thought, "Haney on the LSW bandwagon!"
 I agree with all of this except the last line.  I mean, pretty much everyone thinks Trump is a clown and a joke as a presidential candidate, so of course the media will essentially mock him.  But (for example) Ted Cruz's actual policy beliefs are no less radically far right, sometimes moreso, but the media's not "destroying" him.  I mean, they don't present him as a candidate with a serious chance of winning the election, or even really the nomination, but that's because...
 I'm rooting in the other direction, but even I wouldn't say no Republican can win!  Sure the Democrats are strong for presidential elections, but if Hillary implodes, you don't think Rubio or maybe even Walker couldn't beat.... who?  O'Malley?  Sanders?  And it's not like Hillary is some charisma machine without detractors across the political spectrum.  If the economy flattens out at the end of Obama's term I'd say the chances of a GOP win are real.