or Connect

Posts by mdl

Driver swing looks great!  Head steady plus tilt at impact is something I'm working on too.  Very hard!  But your last video looks great.   And yeah, driving well makes the game so much easier.  And way more fun.  I feel much less frustrated hitting a solid drive, a not too bad approach that misses the green a bit, then making a decent attempt but not quite getting up and down, than I do hitting a crap drive, punching one out to 50 yards, pitching on, and two putting.  I...
 This is an option to consider for sure.  I've gotten pretty confident with my 3i (relative to my HC and expectations!), and on days when I'm hitting my irons well I'll often use that as the safe tee club instead of my 2h.  It's lower trajectory so even though I carry it 8-10 yards shorter than my 2h, and they both stop pretty well on the green so they're different distances for approaches, I tend to get more roll out with my 3i on tee shots and get only a few yards less...
Only carried for years.  Wife got me a Clicgear 3.0, either one or two summers ago, and I'm a total convert.  Just feels more relaxed without carrying, but still get to walk around the course and don't have to park the cart and carry 4 clubs to weird lies or whatever.  I'm in solid shape, so the legs never bothered me much carrying.  But my shoulders would sometimes get tired/stiff by the end of the round carrying the bag.  So I like that about the push cart, especially in...
 We should have some sort of video competition (would require entrants to have super high fps cameras for verification) of people trying to actually hit a driver on the face with top spin but the ball trajectory starting up away from the ground (so you can't just put the club head way back with the club face pointing way into the ground and then sweep the club head along the ground and pound it into the ground where it would have top spin for an inch before hitting the...
Depends on what kinds of courses and which tees you play.  How often do you wish you had a 215-225 club?  How often do you find yourself by the green wishing you had an even higher lofted club than your 60˚?   Given your distances and the fact you already have 3 wedges on top of the PW including a 60˚, personally I'd get a hybrid that carries 220-225.  I have a 19˚ hybrid that I carry ~220 off the tee and I really like having it in the bag.  It does three things for me....
I definitely used to think that to draw the ball you needed to do what people often mean by "compress" (or "trap").  I don't believe I ever actually thought I was pinching the ball against the ground, but I definitely thought to draw the ball you should get the hands further in front and take a big divot with a steep angle of attack.  Though this may have just been a function of my swing faults where my only reliable draw was with a full on punch with the ball way back in...
Sorry if my bringing up the out contributed to this at all.  I mentioned it just because when I started making this shift even swings where my hands were right on the green line it felt like I was doing what you were actually doing in the last video.  But then I was sucking my hands back much worse than you to start...
 Ha.  Looked overdone to me too but I was assuming that he was doing it that way on purpose to make green arrow feel comfortable more quickly, cause at least it's not black arrow?
I assume these are similar to my 695 CBs, at least for the long irons.  Love those.  Good weight, good look at address, nice sound, good distance, can control the shape if you want, not too penal on off center hits.  Recommended for sure.
 Yeah.  @cipher better bring donuts to the team meetings this season.  Lotta vets on the club.  Ha.  That's what you think.  You can check out any time you like, but you can't never leave.