or Connect

Posts by mdl

This is an impressive shot zone, even for a PW.  80% of the time you land it within 18-20 feet of your average!  That's ridiculously good!  Especially now if you start aiming 15 feet left.  You'll have a reasonable birdie putt 80% of the time, and a really makable short one something like 40%! Also, @billchao, Themistocles literally made me LOL.  Can't say that happens a ton at TST!
Hey Mike,   Love the workouts you're doing.  I got away from weights after my college baseball career was over partly mostly because I'd only ever been taught classic (but not good classic) weight lifting.  You know, chest/triceps day of bench, incline bench, flies, tricep press, etc.  Back/shoulders day of rows, back flies, pull-ups, shoulder press, lighter weight baseball style rotator cuff stuff, various curls.  And a legs day squats, leg curls, quad extensions, etc....
I ordered this book yesterday at 6:30pm EDT.  I got a shipping confirmation with USPS tracking info at 9pm EDT.  Yeah late night shipping!
 I like your statistical setup!  But I'd guess this is generally what people are giving a guess at when they answered your OP.  Is there any other way to interpret "Does your 1st hole score affect the rest of your round?"
 Positive thinking!  I'm on plane every shot!
Used to.  Not anymore.  In my last round I started triple-bogey-bogey-double-bogey. Kept a good attitude and played well for the last 13 holes.
 Wait, so you don't choose tees based on ego, but refuse to play tees labeled "Senior"?  6000 yard tees means you hit your 5i 165 yards, right?
I agree with @Golfingdad.  I play with lots of randos for whom I think it's silly to be playing as far back as they do.  But I only care if it's causing slow play. That pisses me off.  But if you want to play too long of a course for your game and score poorly, but you keep pace?  Have at it.  I might be less laissez faire about this if I lived somewhere where the courses aren't pretty much always jammed at times I can play and a 4:30 round is the norm, with 5 hours not...
 Ha, I half jokingly advocated a number of mythical or ancient polytheistic god names.  Kind of turned into a running joke.  Though if we have a son I still kinda want to name him Atlas 
 Ha.  I'll blame the first kid coming I think just after the book was released...