or Connect

Posts by mdl

This has been a huge part of my swing changes.  Feel for me is probably different than for you cause I was sucking the right elbow back way more than you and crossing the line at the top as well.  But thought I'd share what I've been doing in case you can use part of it.   For the A2/A3 positions, a lot of that was just drilling the heck out of dry swings.  Doing a bunch with pauses at A2 and A3, then a couple all the way through to try to feel which of the moving parts...
 Thanks! Swing feels way better too.  Shot an 83 on Sunday, but the full swing felt fantastic, especially on the back.  Back nine was 41 but full swing felt like a 36.  Dumb 3 putt (still not comfortable with super long lag putts with the full pendulum, let it drop feeling from the other thread, banged one way past), one perfect drive followed by a 60˚ I lost grip on with a sweaty left hand and chunked, another perfect drive followed by a 60˚ where a fly landed on my eye...
 Thanks.  Yup first one 
 I agree with this.  I play in southern California.  Maybe in wetter, cooler climates the rough can be penal enough that it overcomes a 3-club difference.  I still find it incredibly hard to believe that any courses people actually play would overcome the 5-6 club difference @GangGreen mentioned above.  The rough would have to be essentially unplayable for it not to be an advantage to be hitting 9i from the rough over a 3i or 4i from the fairway.  I'm assuming we're not...
 I don't have numbers (yours, or even specifics from pros that really answer this question) to back this up.  But at least on the kinds of courses I've played, I have a hard time believing that rough makes your PW GIR% lower than your GIR% with a 7i from the fairway.  Are you sure it's not just that you feel less confident than you want to holding a PW when you're lying in the rough, so you misestimate the comparative GIR%s from those two situations? And this isn't...
 It's the same principle though.  They picked the closer ball without a second though cause they knew each of them had a better chance of a better result from there.  This is an easy call.  It's an easy call at a 30 yard difference like in the OP.  Even easier at a 50-75 yard difference.  Think about how penal the rough would have to be for you to prefer a 3i/4i approach from the fairway over a 9i approach from the rough.  More penal by far than any course I've ever played.
Alright.  Been a while since I posted.  Still been getting at least a couple sessions a week, all with video, but hadn't achieved what I wanted yet at this stage, so I held off on posting.  Finally liking the DTL view more.  Still some stuff I know I need to fix in the FO view, mainly how my head still retreats back down the target line on the down swing.  Played a round last weekend (this video was shot last week) and on the back nine I had success concentrating on...
 Sounds cool.  Thanks for the pointer. And I don't mean it's a big conscious ongoing conspiracy.  Just saying that we're talking about a black pro golfer now in his 70s (80s?).  Racism is/was a huge factor in this guy's entire life.  Seems plausible to me that it's a factor in why more younger guys like me don't know about the guy who dominated the PGA off the tee throughout the 1980s. This reminds me of a good story about racism in golf and America.  Played a random round...
So I agree with @whorippedit that Peete surely experienced rampant racism, and I also agree that it's not super surprising that he's not super well remembered given he played 20-30 years ago and wasn't a big winner, hall of fame type player.  But I do find it a bit puzzling that a guy who so totally dominated one aspect of the game (driving) for an entire decade, not that long ago, isn't talked about much.  I'd never heard of him.  Maybe racism plays some role in that....
 Well, I guess we should expect that given all the strokes gained research.  My current golf dream is to get to the point where I get to a 200 yard par 3 and am expecting to hit the green – of course I know even the pros aren't 90% GIR from 200 yards, but I just mean the kind of confidence I've got standing over a PW approach to a large green – instead of being pumped when I do. And funny on the putting.  I watched your vlogs (fun btw!).  Overall I thought your swing and...