or Connect

Posts by Chilli Dipper

Look at the famous photo of Ben Hogan's 1-iron approach at the 1950 US Open.Do you see any TV camera towers? Grandstands? Hospitality tents? Gallery ropes? No, no, no, and no. The infrastructure demands of a modern golf championship are far greater than a half-century ago.
The same is true for everyone besides Mahan. If I were making the selections right now, I'd say he hasn't shown me enough.
Bill Haas' season results, or "How to Reach 24th in FedEx Cup Points As Anonymously As Possible:"   T16 T21 T9 (unofficial) T24 T6 T43 T34 T23 T17 (WGC-Match Play second round) T6 T14 T37 T20 WD (RBC Heritage, wrist injury) T44 T26 T21 T8 T35 T5 (unofficial) T30 T23 T51 T41 T27 T2 T15
In my view, Snedeker is the weakest choice out of the handful of players vying for the remaining captain's picks. The fact is, his resume this season doesn't hold up against the other candidates, and the big-picture statistics show him to be on a lower tier from the rest. TOP-10 FINISHES (TOP-3)Webb Simpson: 8 (4)Ryan Moore: 7 (1)Brendon Todd: 7 (1)Keegan Bradley: 6 (1)Kevin Na: 6 (3)Brandt Snedeker: 3 (0) SCORING AVERAGE (RANK)Na: 69.832 (11)Todd: 69.954 (16)Bradley:...
After Snedeker, Simpson, and Moore all missed the cut, Brendon Todd had a great opportunity to hold the inside track for one of the captain's picks. Having appeared on the top page of the leaderboard for three days, a solid round on Sunday would have put Tom Watson on notice; instead, he shot a 76. My concern for the American team as it stands would be whether they have enough players who can make lots of birdies. Snedeker in particular is worryingly average in most of...
Only Phil Mickelson would attempt to get up-and-down from a hospitality tent. He probably would have been better off taking a free drop.
 The sound engineer must have had the mix set up for Bob Slurm. 
Will there be thirty players available to compete at the Tour Championship next month, or will professional golfer on the planet be jumping on the "shutting it down until December" bandwagon by then?
Adam Scott needed a boost in confidence; Tiger Woods needs time to recover to full fitness after several years of rushing back to tournament play after injuries.
The biggest loser in the schedule shakeup is Quail Hollow. The week after the Players has been dead since it moved to May, and with the Match Play slotting itself the week before that, it's going to be impossible for the Wells Fargo Championship to draw the kind of field it has become accustomed to.