or Connect

Posts by yeis20

I really like the flight on my curent driver and 3 wood, driver has the TP fubuki (80g?) and ball flight is what  I would call mid. I think the 3 wood has the adila nvs stiff and I dont feel it bend as much as the staft in my 5 wood.Played 2 times this week and had a guy with a gps tracked 2 pured drives from the tee. 1 was 317, the other was 310 to a slightly up hill fairway / green. Niether looked low or balloned... would of called both strikes perfect trajectory to my...
- What is your club head speed of your driver? average is close to 110, 108-115 typically - how far do you hit your driver? centered will go 290+ - does the driver have a high, average, or low trajectory? I would say medium typically, its a nice ball flight - what shaft is in your driver? Taylormade TP fubuki stiff flex   - How far do you hit a 6 iron? 180 - 190 carry, I swing smotther with my mid to higher iron (4-6 irons) - how far do you hit your PW?...
I agree a higher ball flight can be beneficial at times but I often feel my flight is too high. Some shots balloon and spend to much time up in the air where wind impacts the shot. 6 iron to my wedges I feel I get too much height, even if I play the ball back in my stance a bit more and try to keep it lower. I paid a good bit of attention to shafting on some wood upgrades last year and my ball flight has come down a good bit and definitely gets through the wind better. I...
So I went to a golf show last weekend and at one of the booths I was fitted for shafts.   I took 7-10 practice hits to warm up and had not swung a club to often over the last few months but was pleased with my swing tempo, was in balance and was not over swinging... and I can be accused of chasing a distance with a club come mid season. I was tested on 3 swings after the warm up period where I was focusing on appropriate tempo for my swing on takeaway... take your...
Current set: Driver: TM 2008 TP - 160.00 3w, 5w: TM 07 Burner - 160.00 x2 Hybrids: 21, 25 Bobby Jones - 200.00 x2 Irons: Titleist AP1 - 860.00 SW: 56 Callaway xforged, c-grind MD - 65.00 LW: 60 Callaway x-tour forged PM MD - 80.00 UW: 64 Callaway xforged MD - 130.00 Putter: Ping Classic Anser - 130.00 Shoes: 125.00 Bag: 110.00 2375.00 Items replaced so far: 2 drivers - 280.00 1 iron set: 470.00 5 wedges: 280.00 1 putter: 125.00 1445.00...
IMO, Baseball / Softball are the closest swing based sports utilizing both hands to perform. Easiest game to transition from
this is interesting, I too recently stumbled onto shortening the distance / length of my swing (on wedge shots specifically) yet gaining distance and accuracy. I found that lengthening my backswing on wedge and short irons seems to make me finish my swing higher. This casued a much higher ball flight, reduced distance and reduced accuracy off target line. I have been focusing on a reduced distance backswing, what I would call this "feeling" is 75%, yet I finish my...
I found the x-forged after looking for one for a few months last year, lovely club and I highly recommend it (had to call edwin watts to order it, No one had it stocked on-line) Vokey just started making a 64* in LH this year
I vote for the ones in my bag... the ones so few have actually had a chance to hit.
I too still putt righty, but have purchased a cheapo lefty putter to start the transition. There is still a huge bias to righties in this game as far as equipment availability. It is a hell of a lot better now for lefties then it used to be... Yeah good luck finding 8.5* loft drivers, demos and the more exotic clubs in LH models. Good luck finding them in "brick and mortar" stroes as well .... 50 right sets; 2-3 lefty The "RH only" moniker still out there far to...