or Connect

Posts by ozgolfer63

I have a collection of various antique golf clubs that I am trying to estimate a value. I have Chuck Furjanic's price guide book but find most of his price estimates well above what the market ( ebay and auction sites ) show for clubs. Does anybody know of a more recent/accuarte source of pricing antique clubs or do you think the prices being paid currently just reflect a trend in the collecting market at the moment? It seems as if the very rare clubs are still fetching...
I dont profess to being a swing guru or have the technical knowledge to critique various golf swings but I'm a little confused as to the mystery surrounding Tiger's supposed poor driving. If he has the best (or one thereof) swing in the modern game for the 13 other clubs then where does it go when he pulls out the driver??? Surely a large part of his probllem has to be his attitude or thought process when he gets the driver out of the bag. As much as we might critiscise...
I dont get the criticism about the course set up, particularly the 17th?? It's a par 3, doesn't that mean you have 3 shots to get the ball into the hole to score par?? Where is it written that your 1st shot must be on the green? Seems to me that these guys only get to play a course set up like this once a year and as a consequence they tend to struggle with it when the pressure builds on Sunday arvo. Give them this type of course set up 4-5 weeks in a row and watch the...
What is most amusing about this and many other similar situations involving high profile high/achieving people, is the way such people are portrayed as almost being super-human and unaffected by the vices and failings of us mere mortals. Why would Tiger be any more immune to commiting these actions than anyone else? Truth is he's not! The image that is created to suit his business/sporting career may have us believe he is unlike any of us is but, unfortunately for...
Not bad. Rory Mcilroy? Nick Flannagan (another Aussie won US amateur 2003). If your looking at swings to copy how about Stuart Appleby , does anybody make it look easier?? Dont know why he doesnt win more often, dont think the putter is his favourite club.
In Australia carts are predominantly reserved for senior golfers who are unable to maintain an acceptable pace of play walking. I still play regularly with golfers well into their 70's and 80's who have no problems keeping up walking with a 4 hour round. They might walk a little slower but they tend to be very straight and have very brief (if any) pre shot routines. Many younger players could learn about shot preparation and being ready to play by watching how efficient...
McIroy has to get past Oosthuizen first who has been playing extremely well on the European tour of late. Enjoy watching it, most of us wont get to see it down here as its only being broadcast on a commercial stations HD network!!!
Possession of a prescription only drug without a prescription is illegal and was when Arnold competed. The contests werent drug tested but that has long been the case in bodybuilding circles. Anabolic steroids are used for the treatment of various medical conditions. There use in sports, particularly where strength and power are key factors is, and has long been, widespread. Their ability to hasten recovery and increase protein anabolism is well documented as is...
[QUOTE=Smallville;259692]Thanks. Now I don't have to finish watching. What???? You go to a golf forum website expecting not to stumble across a tour result somewhere? What are the chances, particularly when you look at what this guy has achieved. Looks like a definite case of "golfwebforumitis", (an addiction to golf forums). Isnt this like watching the news and not expecting to hear the result in the sports?? I think we know who has the problem here!!
If I could remember my trigonometry from 30 years ago I would make comment, Im lucky to remember the way to the course these days so Im sure what you have worked out is correct. What I do remember is why I never pursued a career in mathematics!! Do me a favour and work out what h is when d for the 58 wedge is 59mm and 56.5mm for the 52 wedge, Im curious to see what the difference is. Do you think the amount of bounce can influence h? By the way, I have the 58 with I...