or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Have we had any Kate Hudson? If not, here we go:      
Preferred Lennon but they were really a team. I don't think much that came out of the Beatles was a solo effort by any of them. Some awesome music from the four of them.
Hey there! Didn't know Woods himself had a pseudonym here...Something doesn't have to be funny, in actual fact, for the target to laugh at it....
No, but it would have been had he responded in a different manner. I can't believe he's as much of a dork as he comes across; at least I don't want to believe it. Would be interesting to have an unguarded beer or two with him probably. He doesn't help things with the way he addresses things though and he hasn't done for years.He obviously doesn't want to do things in a different manner and that's all fine. He's been pretty successful both with golf and making more money...
I would have thought the thinking that suggests you should ignore someone trying to make fun at your expense because they'll soon realise they don't get a bite and quit it, would be more appropriate here. Extrapolating that a little bit, it seems to me that Woods is also being childish in giving Jenkins that 'bite' he was so obviously after. As I suggested earlier, it would have been a whole lot better if he'd simply risen above it.Anyway, that's more than enough of me -...
Debatable. Not entirely my sort of humour but some comments made me smile a bit. Not your humour, but some people may find it funny. Why not? Better, IMO, than writing responses that are stereotypically Woods. Now this, I can definitely agree with. It's a pity (to me at any rate) as I'm sure there's a human in there somewhere.
How else to respond? Ignore it? Have a laugh at it? Can't see why he'd grant an interview to discuss it as it's bound to come up at a press conference that he's already going to be doing. There'd be many things he could say in response to the obvious questions he'd get asked - he'd even have time to phrase some witty/withering putdowns beforehand. I just don't subscribe to the view that the way you highlight something you don't agree with is always to pen some uptight...
Oh, I concede that may have been what happened here. Maybe. For some reason though, Woods (or his agent) seems to think the way to respond is in the completely uptight way that they have. I happen to think it was the wrong way to go about it. He could have responded in any number of different ways while still pointing out what he thinks of this 'interview' but no, he gets his agent to write in the most uptight way possible, demanding an apology and pens (did he really...
Oh dear. Obviously I'm in the minority. Woods, surely, is bigger than responding like this to that 'interview'? Obviously not. He either hasn't a clue re. PR or he's incredibly badly advised. He must have one of the thinnest skins around and he'd have been far better advised to have either laughed (hard, I know, as the 'interview' wasn't actually that funny) or taken a lighter-hearted approach to shooting it down. Shame he (or his advisors - I'd sack them if I were him...
Interestingish thread. There's more to this though than a personality type isn't there? There's interesting evidence that, particularly for sport, there's a large element to do with thinking about something instead of simply trusting to all that training and just doing it. Adepts don't consciously think about an action as it's ingrained - they just do it. Once someone starts consciously thinking about, say, their golf swing (explicit monitoring) when the pressure's on,...