or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Ahhh. I'll fetch my coat....
Famous picture. Incredible eyes.   Harsh. How about trying to picture the same face with all the advantages of Western makeup, peace, fashion, money etc etc? I have no trouble seeing that girl as attractive.
Tend to agree re. irons. A mis-hit is a mis-hit is a mis-hit and all the (legal) technology in the World isn't going make it that much better. Golf OEMs need us to buy stuff and we're, in general, suckers for believing newer == better when, in all reality, it's often not.   Current drivers are definitely better than those from even 10 years back but I'm not sure if we aren't near the apex of actual gains. They can offer them in different paint jobs, user-customisable or...
If his body holds up and if he can hit a driver that has half a chance of being in the right fairway when he needs to, I think he might win a regular event somewhere. Majors? Not the first year back. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he wins chuff all.
See below. Not sure how they'd come to such a conclusion at JFK simply based on someone vomiting. Must have been something else to lead them to conclude it wasn't ebola.   Ha! Very good but sadly I think there are some who actually do believe this.
Not sure about this as it's a zoonotic (i.e. crossed species boundary) infection. In its natural host I'm sure it does as you suggest - in us, it basically just goes crazy. Unlikely it evolved with us as part of the equation although that's not to suggest that something funky won't/doesn't happen when it gets into a human pool for a bit. Who really knows though? It's that bad that not enough people have studied it.
Current outbreak is about 70% mortality although I'm sure that would drop in any country with a good health service.
Er, no. If you're in contact with infected saliva, blood etc from an ebola carrier, all you need is ~10 virions to contract the disease. Why do you think it's currently spreading like a wildfire in western Africa? HIV took decades to go as far as ebola has gone in the last few months.As for the last sentence there, what I think you mean is that, of those scores in contact with Duncan, no-one is known to have contracted it yet. Hopefully, this is all just more unnecessary...
Maybe. 20:20 hindsight and all that. How was he initially processed? Was ebola even a consideration at that point in that hospital? What's certain, is that people better be awake to the potential of this virus now. It's sort of laughable but this could easily turn into Steven King's "The Stand", although maybe without the supernatural bits and bobs. I liked that book too...
Of course there was 'panic' over bird and swine flu. It's no joke. I'd rather some sensationalism re. these bugs than lazy naivety and the assumption "it'll be alright". Remind me how many died from the Spanish flu post-WWI... And do what? Quarantine themselves? They won't know they're infectious until probably too late. Did you read the pathogen data sheet I linked earlier? Ebola isn't only seriously deadly, it's very infectious, albeit the routes of transmission could be...