or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

The thing with this is that different people have different ways of doing things and respond to different approaches. Let's imagine I make the U.S. team and I'm told to be in this or that pod by Mr. Captain, whomever that might be. Trust me, I'm not going to buy into some psychobabble personality-based assay as to whom I should 'bond' with. However, I would, I hope, do my absolute best even if I think it's a load of horse. At the end of the day I'm playing for my team and,...
To be fair to Fowler in Sunday's singles, he got caught in a tornado. What did Rory have? 6/7 birdies and an eagle? In 14 holes? Seriously, there aren't many who'd live with that, from any era of the game.
Interesting article. I wasn't trying to suggest you thought they weren't giving their all really but that would seem to be implicit in some comment, particularly in view of the (apparent) view re. Watson's captaincy. Are people seriously suggesting that Watson was so single-minded that no-one could say anything that would have any sway on what he wanted to do? Or that none of the players were consulted? About anything? That's all fluff though re. what Mickleson did. It was...
Actually, I thought I'd grown to like Mickleson over the last few years. Seems FIGJAM was just suppressed though, rather than cauterised. You may well be right cf. this 'pod' idea and top golfers' egos. Guess there's only one way to find out....at least until the next loss. Azinger's idea (may have) worked once - I think we need more evidence before crediting it with the transformative aura it's being credited with. What I'm amazed by is the implication that the U.S....
Where are the quotes, backed up with first-hand knowledge re. Watson? It's not "transparent" at all, although I didn't know Watson didn't travel with the team - that's a shame if it's the case. As for your retort that I don't get it either - as if you'd know. You don't know me from Adam. Mickleson was wrong. Pure and simple. He didn't have to leave out the "and none of that was done this week" either as it was transparently obvious what he was both saying and implying....
Hysterical! As well as flying in alone (some team spirit Phil!) and having shat all over the event in a childish fit of pique on the back of the recent loss, Phil swans off the same way:   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rydercup/11127653/Phil-Mickelson-flies-home-alone-from-Gleneagles-after-Ryder-Cup-tirade-at-USA-captain-Tom-Watson.html   Classy. Truly classy.
For some reason, it won't let me pick up a quote easily and I can't be bothered to fool around. Leaving aside the vomit-inducing quotes from Azinger, your last two full paragraphs are pretty poor. Sorry. FIGJAM is a jerk. There's ways, means and times to say what he said and he failed with all of them.   Who says Watson was entirely dictatorial? Etc? Let me get this straight - the players don't think the captain's style is any good so they effectively down tools???...
The British Open and other European events in the past have been played in cool/cold/wet/windy weather (even in the midst of our Summers!) but that didn't stop the U.S. big boys of the past winning them. The temps at Gleneagles last weekend were unseasonably warm. It was 20+ (°C) in many places in the U.K. over the weekend. OK, relatively cold at 07.30 or whenever the Friday/Saturdays teed off but otherwise, the weather was great.I don't think you can blame the weather, or...
Quote: Where does it say in that linked article that Scotland is wealthier "by GDP per capita" than the rest of the U.K.? Plenty may indeed have been written about this sort of thing but the only truism that's come from it is that there's no real agreement on this. Definitely go there sometime. It's beautiful. The golf's not bad either...
Bingo. So it's every man/woman for themselves? Hang on, I'll go get tooled up. Being isolationist these days makes little sense. See above. IMO (and this is not personal), the fact you don't vote is a disgrace. Pretty much. So many people bitch and whine about politicians and yet don't do anything about it. They don't even vote when given the chance. Pretty poor. You pay taxes so that the State apparatus functions in everyone's interests. If everyone took the "Why should I...