or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

I seriously hope it doesn't become an issue in the U.S. neck of the woods. It's a hazard group 4 organism (U.K. definition) which basically means it's very lethal and there's no known effective treatment. Past outbreaks have had ~90% mortality (although I think this one's nearer 70%) and I don't imagine it's a nice way to go. Haemorrhagic fever. Seriously nasty. About the only good thing is it's not infectious via typical airborne routes as influenza is. Given the...
Alina Vacariu:    
Allison Stokke?  
Not really. At least, not in the sense that someone else wrote it, which is what @Mr. Desmond seems to be saying. I'm sure Watson would have run it by someone to make sure there was nothing even more inflammatory etc - but that's about it. Ah. Do I take it that you write the type of thing that is cringingly insincere and shallow, but that is, sadly, all too common these days? That sort of baloney is what is obviously PR. Your self-publicity, above, does gel with writing...
Quote:You think that letter reads like a PR wrote it? Seriously? Watson's letter says he and Mickleson spoke over the last week about what went on - that's a PR stunt as well?
I've heard some second- or third-hand 'insider' reports. As standards of evidence go though, it's not even going beyond the editor's desk, let alone out for peer review. Phil could have been acting as the leader, certainly. Personally, I don't buy that all 12 were in with him and I don't think I buy that they were in agreement with Mickleson's approach to it. Opinion though; as is all of the writing and words in the last week. Your position (and that of many others) seems...
While I can understand that thinking, particularly from the rookies maybe, it's completely laughable and, if true, pathetic. Dare I suggest another example of not acting in a team spirit? What do they care about Watson and his buds? Demonstrably not a whole lot if the thesis they're all in this together has any grains of truth to it and they all sanctioned Mickleson's approach last Sunday. These are so-say self-employed, independent, millionaire, businessmen! What do they...
Sorry, I know I didn't multiquote but thought of this after posting above. No-one has yet offered a single word of public confirmation to substantiate the premise that they all agreed either. Have they?
Why not? It's just as valid a position in light of what we actually know. I'm sure stuff will come out over time so some flesh will get put on the bones. IMO, if the other 11 were party to discussion and agreement that Mickleson's actions were the right way to go about this, they're just as bad as he is. However, I think it's trite at the moment to think they were all in agreement with this. Furyk, for one, to my eyes at least, wasn't at all happy about it. It's done...
Fair enough - just throwing a thought out there. I agree it's still close - it has been since the mid-80s. I guess the amount of airtime and written word on on this recent issue is a good thing - it shows people still want the Ryder Cup and want it to be great tear up played in a good fashion. Come on America - get it sorted .