or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

This guy Sam, or whatever his name is....has he said anything about this? Has he come out as insulted? Oriental an insult? FFS! What is the World like these days? Isn't there more going on (Ukraine anyone????) that's more important than what some one-time decent golfer has to blather on about?   Maybe Elkington has a point re. the description of someone as an 'oriental athlete' etc when it should really only be 'athlete'. Who cares that some sportsperson says they're...
I _hate_ PX. They feel way too harsh for me but then I have a reasonably rhythmic tempo/transition. Heard it said you need to have a quickish tempo and/or strong transition with the original PX - more of a 'hitters' shaft than a 'swingers'? Think the newer PXi shaft is meant to feel a little better...
Entirely agree with flopster above...and I'm not even really a TW fan in any shape or form.
Background: Took the game up as a 12/13 y/o when my dad retired from rugby and got my brother and me into the game. Didn't take it that seriously (actually, never taken it that seriously) until reached about 15 y/o when a number of factors clicked. Reached a 4 hcp at about 16/17 y/o but then went to University and essentially left the game until my mid-20s. Started playing occasionally with friends and kept that up until 7/8 years ago (I'm now 47) when I joined a club...
 With respect, that 'optimum' argument doesn't work here does it? Neither does your assertion that this ban on anchoring flies in the face of what's gone before or tradition.How would 'putting' from close in not be better if you could lie down behind the ball and hole out as if using a pool cue? Not allowed though is it? What about putting 'croquet' style? Pretty sure Snead tried that before it was likewise banned. No, it's much worse than that I'm afraid.
Nope. But it is normal to exaggerate wildly on the internet. At least it's a mild delusion - I'm sure this sort of thing can be helped before it's too late. Good luck.
High Noon was a cracking film. Do 'shorts' count? Good. In which case, I'll have to have Laurel and Hardy's  'The Music Box'.
OK, I'll play. In no particular order, I'd go for:   Cypress Point Pebble Beach Augusta National Spyglass Royal Melbourne (in fact, any of the Melbourne Sandbelt courses for that matter!) Barnbougle Dunes Pine Valley Loch Lomond Cape Kidnappers Muirfield Pinehurst - all of them! RCD Merion Royal Portrush Shinnecock Hills Sunningdale     That'll do. Too many to be sure and, as someone above said, I'm not sure I'd be spending my last 12 months away...
 Four types (essentially) of Madeira from bone-dry to very sweet. Sercial is pretty dry - maybe a substitute for a light sherry? Verdelho is off-dry, pretty nice. Bual is med-sweet and can be fantastic while malvasia is the sweetest, easily as sweet as port - great dessert wine. If you've not tried them before, we were recommended the verdelho and the bual when in Madeira as a starting point. Aged versions can be truly fabulous. Well worth a go - I'd recommend them as...