or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

The ranking system is flawed? It over-plays the OWGR points to the U.S. Tour events? Or maybe the differentials between the points for the places moving down the finishing positions is flawed? Or, as you imply, the rankings are far too simplistic here. How much matchplay has the average U.S. Tour pro played on his way up cf. his European counterpart? Maybe there's a big difference there - I don't know. On the "no-one played terrible" - I'm not so sure that fits with...
I love this 20:20 hindsight journalism. Walker hit a tired shot? Diddums. Garcia hit one of the worst drives I've ever seen by a top pro - no-one mentions tiredness in association with that. Some of them had played (shock! horror!) four whole rounds in two days! Without carrying their bags! Sometimes with only half the shots they'd normally hit. Maybe evening going a couple of holes only hitting putts! Ohhh....the horror!!!! Mahan had an utter brain fart on 18? Oh, that'll...
The fact Palmer and Nicklaus saw "nothing" means just that, not a lot. I've played in 4-balls and called people on ball marking which the other 2 have had no idea was going on. Cheating is cheating. I'm sure Player says it hurt - it's a big accusation for a golfer.What was the actual accusation Watson made? Do you know? I'm just curious as it's not one I've heard re. Watson before.
Interesting. Cheers.
Fair points. Phil answered the Q, sure, but everyone in that room knew what was directly implied (yes, I did watch the conference). Watson praised his players as I recall, said they gave their all. He also pondered making mistakes in terms of who was playing when and how many times. I'm fine with Mickleson being fed up with losing and wanting a change. Nothing wrong with that. I have an issue with they way he chose to handle it.Maybe you have a point re. election of the...
True, technically there's more people in Europe but I'm not sure what the propensity to play golf is outside of western Europe and the Scandinavian countries. What does it say about the way the rankings system works?The European team does seem to get up for it in ways the U.S. players don't. Are the U.S. intimidated by the whole event? Not something I'd normally think, I have to admit. Ah well, here's to Hazeltine(?) in 2016.
Yeah. I guess there's truth in that as well. If so, I don't think either come out looking that good although I still think Mickleson's approach to it was either terribly ill thought out or just plain nasty. Personally, I think he knew exactly what he was about.Maybe the U.S. psyche is different but if I were their next Captain, I wouldn't have him within 1000 miles of the team, regardless of where he finished the regular season. How can anyone have faith in his behaviour...
If this is the case, where is Bishop et al now? Letting Watson take all the flak. Wow. That's brave. They picked him to be Captain. Surely they knew what he was likely to be like? Cowards. And even if all that's the case, Mickleson's behaviour is still from the sewers.
Yep. Leaving Mickleson out of the 12 altogether. Let's take another example - the England Rugby Union team of recent vintage. They were well known for having very, very heated discussions behind the scenes with the coaches etc. None of it was public except in the sense that people knew it was happening. They must have had something right as they won the World Cup with that mentality. If one of them had acted the way Mickleson just did it wouldn't have worked, they'd have...
The only thing that allows Mickleson to think he can get away with this is that it's a one shot deal for Watson etc. If he was firing off like that, in public, at his coach when he was a member of any normal sporting setup then he's being benched and/or sold.I don't think it can be remotely right for Mickleson to 'call out' Watson in front of the media circus the way he did. It only shows him for the fool he obviously is. What do you want to happen? For Watson to take...