or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Nay, nay and thrice nay. Certainly not unless you have a proven intolerance. Again, we've evolved to eat grains, including wheat, as part of our diet. A better question would certainly be: why are we (apparently) seeing increasing allergies against things such as gluten in the 'West'? Why are we seeing (apparently) increasing allergies against peanuts when, in countries such as Thailand that use peanut in so much of their cuisine, there doesn't appear to be the same issue?
 For a start, who said that? You're misrepresenting what was said. Secondly, if you eat only those meats, then you have a problem. If you're eating them as part of a balanced diet, they don't do any significant damage. Meat is not harmful, per se, as can be seen from what evolution has done for our teeth.
Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to the King. One of the Download festival headliners for 2014 so thought I'd better see what they're about. One or two cheesy lyrics on the album but some great vocals and good musicianship. Surprisingly good.
 OK. So how do you sharpen the grooves? Are you trying to tell me that you take no metal from the edges of the grooves? You could make a case for removal of metal that's been dented into an existing groove but there's no real way that's all you do is it? Just out of interest, who told you the tool was OK? The manufacturers?
One more thing and I really am not trying to stir a hornets nest with this. Spent a fortnight in Florida (doing Disney etc which was surprisingly good) a few years ago and was gobsmacked at how difficult (when eating out) it was to get any vegetables as part of a meal....at all. In the end, we went to an Italian as we couldn't find anything anywhere else. We ate some great meat and some decent seafood while there, even got to try some reptilian delights as well, but it was...
Oh wow. This whole area is a can of worms. Some of that article is OK and @Meltdwhiskey is pretty much spot on. However, there's too much in that article that's dodgy or badly presented and just because they quote some science, it doesn't make their case well.   Hey. Get this. Eat a balanced diet and, if you can, do some exercise. End of story. Eat burgers, pizza etc and drink beer. Just don't make it all you do. For most of us it really is that simple. Don't take...
Re. groove sharpening, are you sure they're now legal? Given how on the edge the manufacturers are now re. groove spacing etc, I would imagine that sharpening the groove edges is going to make you illegal. Or likely to. Just a thought...
Trawling the interweb about some rock music and noticed the following goddesses:   Alissa White-Glutz         Heidi Shepherd & Carla Harvey  
Shall I type in CAPS? Maybe he didn't have any recollection. How many times do you hear of sportspeople in the stupid 'zone' where they are blanking almost everything that's extraneous? Half the people I know can't even remember what they scored on the previous hole let alone at the end of a round and whether they may have infringed a rule re. spike marks. I don't accuse them of cheating when they can't remember.What would you have him do on being confronted with the...
Use the back of your SW w/ a side-to-side sweeping sort of motion. Takes a bit of practice. Used to do that all the time before the current vogue to have rakes everywhere and it works pretty well. If it's not quite as pristine a finish as a rake would give....well, it is a hazard after all. I'll get my coat...