or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Quote: Where does it say in that linked article that Scotland is wealthier "by GDP per capita" than the rest of the U.K.? Plenty may indeed have been written about this sort of thing but the only truism that's come from it is that there's no real agreement on this. Definitely go there sometime. It's beautiful. The golf's not bad either...
Bingo. So it's every man/woman for themselves? Hang on, I'll go get tooled up. Being isolationist these days makes little sense. See above. IMO (and this is not personal), the fact you don't vote is a disgrace. Pretty much. So many people bitch and whine about politicians and yet don't do anything about it. They don't even vote when given the chance. Pretty poor. You pay taxes so that the State apparatus functions in everyone's interests. If everyone took the "Why should I...
Fried egg and plugged are the same thing over here, if in a bunker. A ball plugging in soft sand and coming to rest in its crater mark will throw up sand as a parapet all around the crater - fried egg. At least that's how it's looked at over here.I assume the hooded face removes all effective bounce, allowing the club to cut deep very easily and get under the ball. I don't like the idea of bounce that much if I have to get deep into the sand. Doing this means you certainly...
Two tips I got from a couple of excellent players a long time ago:   1) When pitching, aim to land the ball on the top of the flag - amateurs are almost never past the flag.   2) If you have a fried egg (plugged) lie in a bunker, a guaranteed way to get the ball out is to hood (close) the face and then hit the shot with confidence. Pops out a treat even if it does have a load of run out. Need to try it on the practice ground a bit to get a feel for it, how it works and...
Sadly, I think all of what you say above is pretty much on the button.
That's another thing I'm not looking forward to - ongoing, repeated calls for more referenda in the event of any sort of 'no' vote! How's it going for the Quebecois these days? Downtrodden, put upon and financially worse off per capita than the rest of Canada?
Seriously?? I think you're being somewhat deluded. Sure, TW could beat Rory but all the current evidence says what you wrote above is way off base.
I assume your perspective is coloured via your locale cf. Westminster. I don't think Scotland will have a problem making a success of being a small, independent country in the long term. However, the SNP are being fundamentally dishonest with their repeated avoidance of all the big financial, currency, EU etc etc questions. They're the very definition of 'jam tomorrow'.I'm not a fan of the current politics in the UK but to say that the Scots have been ignored for years is...
Got mine yesterday and, so far, have to say it's a really good read. Could have been very stuffy but written really well with just the right amount of humour. Good service via an eBay purchase to the U.K. as well. Looking forward to reading through over the next few days or so.
Except Salmond claims they won't be joining the Euro.... Edit: Duh! Missed earlier post on the same point.