or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Went for Option 2, the long putts. Depends a bit on how long is a long putt here, but I would say I do a couple of quick(ish) practice strokes for anything over maybe 15' or so. I think it helps me with the feel for distance but I've never actually done the experiment.
Interesting. Sad to say I haven't read what he has to say on putting but what's his argument for that being a good thing? I don't make a practice swing on full shots but they're sort of full on and I tend to make a single practice swing on 1/2 or 3/4 swing-type of shots. I'd swear it helps me get a feel for how much to put into a shot of that type. Gut reaction is for putts it would feel very odd but maybe it's just getting used to it.
Was that landed off Fukushima...?
Twice in two days on the same hole? Nasty!   Ballesteros 4-putted once and it was interesting hearing his post round interview. The media guy asked him what had happened, as if it was something huge, and Ballesteros simply said: "I putt - I miss, I putt - I miss, I putt - I miss, I putt - I hole it". He didn't see what the fuss was about, one iota, which I presume illustrates how he just tried to focus on a single shot at a time and shut out the rest. A different...
 I'm exactly the same. Been trying the last few weeks do exactly this as I was/do get way too long far too often. I get the same effect re. distance as well - (re-)gained about 5-10 yards on irons the last few weeks and hit some bombed drives. For me, at least, a longer backswing certainly doesn't make for maximal distance. Contact's better, accuracy too, with a slightly shorter backswing.
FWIW, the new Srixon AD333 Tour is a pretty damned good ball. Been using them quite a bit this Summer. 3-piece, great price point, urethane cover. Spin for approach and short game is excellent (albeit not at, for example, ProV1 level) and it feels really nice off the putter. Very white, doesn't fade and fantastic cover resilience as well. Quite possibly a 'keeper' for me.
 Spot on.  Really? You think it's a good idea to lower oneself to the same level in that way??? I understand why you might think that way, but in no sensible way is it 'fair game'.
Eh? It's a members club - of course they have to put it to the vote. As for the anagram etc, I think you're taking that stance a little bit far don't you?
Hmm. Some nice recent additions. On a Doctor Who theme, how about Jenna Louise Coleman:     Or Karen Gillan:       Or Estella Warren (was watching Plant of the Apes...):  
I ended up as most like Eldrick???? OK, I need a drink...