or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Name: Simon Dawson Email Address *: Same as here Licensed Owner of Scorecard (Y/N): Yes Number of Rounds in Scorecard: 12 so far Operating System (and version): Mac OS X 10.4.11 1-3 Sentences about why you'd be a good choice: Tough one. I think the current version is an excellent adjunct for the analysis of my game and would really enjoy the opportunity to beta test the upcoming version whether or not it allows me a gratis copy. I like to think I keep an eye out for...
So many to choose from! Here goes.... U.S.A. - Cypress Point, Pebble Beach, Spyglass, Augusta National, Pine Valley and the whole Pinehurst layout. Maybe TPC Sawgrass if only for the 17th. G.B. and Ireland - Carnoustie (Angus Course), Wentworth (West), Loch Lomond, Turnberry (Ailsa), Troon, Sunningdale (Old), Royal St. Georges, Royal Cinque Ports, Birkdale, Kingsbarns, Royal Portrush, Lahinch, Royal County Down. RoW - Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath, Kawana...
Same as with other clubs. Pick line from behind ball and choose a mark on the ground, inline. Put club in right hand and place it behind ball inline with ground mark. Step in with right foot. Finally, bring in left foot and make any fine adjustments. Hit ball. Specifically for the driver, you want the ball position at your left instep. You want to be making a sweeping hit of the ball. I always aim to leave the tee still in the ground but that doesn't come off very often!
Nah, I'm done. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Unlike your good self however, I'm interested in the rest of the World.
I have no doubt you're right. That doesn't make it right and I have no doubt that if they did make more of an issue about it rather than (conveniently) ignore it many players might think just a little more. Don't take this the wrong way, but how nice for her. Oh give me strength. 1) That's a 2003 article but to be fair I have no idea what their current policy is. Did you find anything more current? 2) You assume (and you know what they say about that word) that I don't...
Single digits is well within the range of anyone with decent hand/eye coordination. It does require time invested though and I'm not sure a couple of times a month will cut it unless you're talented. Another thing. To get to, say 10, may be (relatively) easy but getting lower becomes exponentially harder. I've been 3 for a short period years ago and going from 4 to 3 was far harder than, say, 10 to 9. Getting to scratch or +hcp is very tough. Took me ~4-5 years to make 4...
Oh stop splitting hairs and get with the post-19th century vibe. The PGA could easily step in with this and they undoubtedly sanction this event. The Bay Hill this week is invitational is it not? So are many others I have no doubt. Whoa. I hate to tell you this but I sincerely doubt you're even close to being right there. Would they miss you? Why do we care? Not sure really (21st century may have something to do with it) but maybe you should look inward a bit given...
VERY jealous. Pinehurst has always been a dream of mine (along with Augusta and Cypress Point; big dreams in these two cases!) if I ever get to play in the U.S. My dad made a non-playing visit ~6 years ago (so at least I have a Pinehurst shirt!) and said the whole place was fantastic. I'd love to stop there a week or two and play the whole lot; #8 does look nice.
That's a sad inditement if it were to prove true. Probably too many powerful lobbyists are members at Augusta. Ex-Presidents etc; that kind of thing.
Picked the above quote but many others make the same point.I would agree with the "a private club can do what they like" except for the fact that they hold a prestigious Championship. In fact, if they are to hold any PGA-sanctioned event then I don't think this is a tenable position to hold. If they want to come off the PGA roster and just be an exclusive private club then so be it, but I think their stance should be challenged as it stands now.