or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Blades aren't hard to hit. Get some; I don't think you'll regret it long term. There's this mystique about blades and how hard they are to hit....cobblers. It's not the clubs, it's the swing. If you have a decent swing (or are on the way to getting one) then blades won't pose any problems. As for your driver, lowering the loft isn't necessarily the way to go. You may have a low centre of gravity on yours and/or have a low/mid flex point, tip soft shaft. If you like the...
Casting isn't going to cause the effect described. IF you hit it decently when you cast, you aren't going to get a steepling, high flight which stops dead on landing. To the OP, do you have any idea what your attack angle is? If you're very steep coming in to the ball you're likely to get a lot of elevation. Hit large divots? Get many skied/pop-up drives? Check your iron lofts but if you're doing it with all shots, that's probably not it. "I moved the ball back and...
Yup; but they tend to be older. Good news is you get many of them used at very good prices. I'm a fan of the older Titleists and currently use a 983E (awesome; 350cc I think) but also liked the 983K and before that the 975D.
The reason it appears open pre-impact is the natural lag that's generated in the downswing; wrist action does have to square the face during the last part of the downswing. The club isn't (or shouldn't be) open on the way back.
That's a good point; the hands have to be relaxed to come through the ball correctly. You still shouldn't need to consciously roll them (unless trying to hit a deliberate hook or similar) if the basic setup is correct. You're right I guess with this. The hands re. power is splitting hairs but the left hand should control where the clubface is pointing. Good point in your other post re. Tiger and his fan of the clubface. He's well known for it but I wouldn't suggest...
Not sure I understand this. Irons are generally struck with a more descending blow than woods because people tend to set up with the ball nearer the middle of the stance than with woods. You shouldn't deliberately need much of a different swing for irons over woods; just a different ball position. You should not be actively fanning anything open on the backswing. You may think this is what's happening but the clubhead should stay square throughout - your shoulders are...
I don't have it in x-stiff but I have the Tour 75 in stiff in my Titleist 983E. Let's just say I won't be changing anytime soon. Fantastic shaft. Haven't tried the standard ~68g version but the T75 is fabulous. No longer than many other premium shafts but I find the distribution much tighter than anything I've had before; worth it for the improved accuracy I get if nothing else. The feel is excellent, ball flight is probably mid-launch (ish) and distance is excellent; I...
I carry. Always have; (hopefully) always will. I hate the backpack style dual straps as well. People have carried over one shoulder for years and years with no problems what-so-ever. Your back is like any other part of your body i.e. use it/train it/exercise it and you'll have no problems. I can understand that ride-on carts are maybe needed some places for speed if a course is spread over a big area but other than that I can't see that carrying will be anything but...
I have two Vokey 200s and I have to admit, they're going. Can't get on with them at all. Moving to some Cleveland 588s which I like quite a bit more.
Hopefully, they won't have that much market dominance. If Tiger's knee goes again or his game goes, they'll have no chance. I think you underestimate Callaway and Acushnet as well. As for kit, Nike have some good balls, clothes and shoes but as for the rest.....with the exception of the CCi forged (excellent, but not even sure they still do these) and VR split cavity or blades (very good if a bit garish), yuck. They don't make enough decent gear to dominate the pro...