or Connect

Posts by misty_mountainhop

Actually, you're probably right but everyone tends to use the two names interchangeably over here. Not sure there's formally a difference but there're definitely some pungent versions and some that are pretty tame.
Oh yes. We still have the deer here. Nice to watch but a pain in the backside when they've been trotting through the bunkers or across the greens! You should pay us another visit as the course has been in great shape the last few years and the greens have been some of the best in area outside of places like Sherwood Forest.
  Ginger beer == ginger ale. Same thing, at least over here.  I know what you mean but I don't find it that 'burnt'. More of a molasses kind of hit for me. As a matter of fact, have a rather large shot of it by my side again tonight!
 Almost by definition, if his driving sucks, his swing can't be as good as you're assuming it is. He clearly has issues with his driver in general. Personally, I think if he stopped trying to hit the ball into next week and reigned it back slightly he'd probably strike it more consistently and, probably, straighter. Not sure it matters if he's back of players like Dustin Johnson off the tee really as one thing he did so well in his pomp was to be pretty much untouchable on...
Yup. Currently (it's wet) I have a 5-wood in the bag just now but I carry a 2-iron (see signature; use it maybe half a dozen times per round) maybe for 2/3 of the year. Don't have a problem hitting it really as grew up with long irons. Long, straight and workable. I don't like most of the hybrids I've ever tried either.   Different folks, different strokes and all that.
 Nice. Got a half bottle, still in a cupboard somewhere. Ardbeg (of any type) is a top dram.  Oh yes! A beautiful part of the world and some excellent whisky. Need to get some more of this 10-y/o as it's really, really good.  Anyway, tonight I'm mostly drinking some really dark, Guyanan Demerara rum. Straight up, although would work really, really well with ginger ale and some lime as a (Dark & Stormy) long drink. 
  Some French but not really good enough any more. Learning British Sign Language - does that count? Ran away from languages as a kid as soon as I could (wanted to spend more time on science) but wish I'd learnt more. Would like to pick some up now but never seem to find the time to do it.
Hmm....
 Yeah, I guess I knew what you meant. By the same token, my implication re. there being other more important things to talk about is that this doesn't even amount to the proverbial storm in a tea cup and is another, increasingly frequent, example of people getting hot under the collar about nothing. FWIW, I don't think I ever said his comments were fine; I just think the reaction to them is way OTT.  You're extrapolating a bit far there I think.
Of course. A possible consequence of shooting one's mouth off when perhaps a bit more thought would have been beneficial...