or Connect

Posts by imtomtomim

I am thinking like spudmonkey.  Hit a club that gets you between 125-150 from the center of green, (right before the fw bunker).  I would most likely hit a 5i.  Since you sound a bit worried about the right side, start on the right side of the tee box.  Now for the last bit of reliability, punch that ball low.  It's not like you need to stop it immediately and keeping it low gives it the least chance of curving far off line or losing the fight with the wind.  I do want...
I've got a nickent 4dx 4 wood, 17*.  While I love my set, that is the only club that will really have me missing it when it wears out/breaks.  It gives me the most beautiful ball flight out of any club.  My stock shot goes about 245.  It takes off low and then half way there, it spins up to the sky and drops down real sharp and stops dead.  Any roll out is from the slope.  I can hit a green with no worries of the ball bounding away at all or playing break.    You just...
Right now,  I think the only reason I'm not scratch is because I don't get to play enough.  This past year, I only got to play a few streaks, but despite the lack of practice, the evolution of my mental game, approach to the course, and understanding of my tendencies got me scoring most of my rounds better than +3, going under par a handful of times.  The game has really seemed easier since I've gotten comfortable with the process of golf (still kind of new, 4th season)...
Well, I actually have had the same issue nagging at me for the past 2 years, with close to the same distance as you.  On some holes that I've paid attention to my partners, I have noticed that I can out drive the group by 20-30 yards and still be hitting the same club into the green as the next guy behind me.  Although this is a bit disconcerting, remember, irons are for control and precision.  Shorter distances are a good thing.  Especially later in the rounds when I...
  First one I played, 4 putted the first hole, lipping out every attempt.  Crap scared out.   Now, when I do light lifts at home, I hit putts during my rest interval to acclimate to the adrenaline and twitchiness.   I also noticed that my scores were better on harder courses, until I played a few short easy ones in a row.  I realized that the longer distances only put me in more favorable approach spots because I would use the driver whenever I could, and if I could find...
That guy sounds exactly like me, even the asian part.  Too many 3 putt par's to show for it.  However, that was closer to how I started the game up to 2 years ago, my short game is pretty decent now after all the refocused practice.  However, where it really turned around was the course strategy.  I now play by the thought, if I can't get within 10 yards of the green, lay up the tee shot to a full short iron/wedge.  I can depend on those full swing numbers much more than...
ever watch Tin Cup where he chips a 7i down the driveway?
miami vice style huh?
it's just a punch shot off of a tee with a cool name
I know this is an old thread, but whoever was saying they could get 2 bags in a smart car, it's because it's designed like a golf cart!  It looks like it was meant for it.  You should be able to drive that right around the loop.