or Connect

Posts by Armonster20

I think you got me right here. While I think I was able to get a full "coil," I might have been uncoiling with the arms rather than shooting the hips around and letting the arms follow. Thanks again for the help guys, I'll try to post a video if it ever stops raining here (and if I can bribe my g/f to go to the range)
thumper - your swing is looking good to me! It looks like you carry a ton of momentum through the ball. I'm jealous. RC and darthfader - another set of questions for you I went out today and kept trying the drill. I started out with some 25-45yd pitching and focused on making solid contact while resisting the hip turn. I had to conciously think about hitting down on the ball, and I remembered you guys mentioning something about having to hit down a little more...
Could you expound on this a bit? I'm not sure I'm understanding what it means to keep your arms in front of your chest, or resist collapsing across your chest. Thanks!
Thanks for that information. I've heard about "coil" since I started playing golf, but I never truly felt it until I tried this drill. I'm not sure that I could even hold my body position at the top of the backswing, because my whole body wanted to release all that energy. I'd like to incorporate this hip-turn resistence into my regular swing. Based on what you've said I'll keep my setup the same, and try to keep the club from coming too much inside. I did actually...
I finally got out to the range today and gave this drill a try. It was a very interesting feeling. I was getting a 3/4 backswing, but it didn't feel like I was actively swinging the club on the downswing. Everything was so coiled up that it all just untwisted towards the ball. I think that's good. What's not so good is that I couldn't stop topping the ball. It felt like my swing was bottoming out a whole inch higher than normal. My natural adjustment is to...
One of my local courses has a first hole that points directly into the sun. In the fall, there are big fat leaves everywhere, and the sun reflects off each one of them. I can hardly ever find my first tee shot of the day, which is never a good way to start a round. Polarized sunglasses help, but not if the ball is sitting under a leaf!
I find this all extremely interesting. Quick follow-up question: how do you square this technique with the school of thought that teaches a more free flowing swing, illustrated by doing drills like swinging with both feet together (so that you have to swing your butt towards the target on the backswing)? Are these different styles, or is it really getting at the same issue?
darthfader - i really like how steady your swing looks. Wish mine was like that. If you don't mind, could you describe the proportion of weight on each of your feet from the set up, during backswing, during downswing, and to the impact position? [I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I think the discussion is relevant to the original post] I find it hard to get the correct balance of weight between my two feet during the swing. If I keep too much weight on the...
fringe = freeze + cringe? Nice scores though man.
For those of you who aren't up to date with the new "high-tech" clothing, you might want to check that out. Throw on an underarmor base layer, a long sleeve thermal, a microfleece, and then a water resistant tech soft shell jacket with some type of gore-tex wind blocker, and you'll be good in pretty much any weather you'll encounter while the course is open. Especially if you walk.