or Connect

Posts by Eeryck

I think it is important to do what makes you enjoy the game more with one word of caution my mistake: I thought striking the ball well off the tees and with my irons would lower my score. Last round I had 50% fairways hit with 4 GIR and a short chip for another 8 greens. I scored a 121 with 18 chips and 55 putts. So even though my drives and irons made me feel good for a while now my only practice focus is chipping and on the greens. If I would have the...
Dave and KS thanks for the responses, also I have been reading through this thread which has commented on a few other progression ideas I have had: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...acking&page=10 Not having anyone to give me much direction I took perhaps the wrong path that I should learn to make the ball fly first. Now that I can do that well and consistantly and my score did not improve I am realizing it is because my short game is terrible. I guess I was...
I am 32 years old and just started to really study the game of golf this year. I have played about 12 times in the 4 years prior to this season and now I have played 13 rounds in the past 8 weeks and plan to keep going out as much as possible as long as weather permits. Part of what helped me to get out more often is a friend was able to help me build a consistant and repeatable swing. That along with quite a bit of reading and video watching has allowed me to hit the...
I have found that once I truely felt a good upper body coil that I got the most power out of my swing. I used to swing with a lot of arms and had serious accuracy issues. Now my arms are passive to my larger core muscles. When my driver and irons really fly is when my lower body starts my swing and increases my coil for a moment before my upper body finally fires through the golf swing allowing my hands and arms to go along for the ride.
As a newer golfer I spent 4 years being fusterated and taking random tips from other weekend warriors and never developed any sort of repeatable swing. This year I got lucky and a I was out with a friend and his buddy at the driving range and things changed. Fortunately his buddy was a good golfer and a swing geek. He was able to both correctly identify and offer some drills to get me on a good path for building a consistant and repeatable golf swing. I walked...
I suspect that Tiger will come through and be even more dominat in the next few years. With a healthy knee and his ability I suspect you will see him winning many more majors as well as show the strong finishes (second and thirds) when he is not winning.
No home course in Milwaukee for me. Have been playing at many of the local Muni's.
Electrical Engineer