or Connect

Posts by Eeryck

Before you get lessons it is important to know why you are going for lessons. Are you trying to improve your swing, and are you open to changing it? Do you want to work on full swing? Short-game? Putting? Do you need to work on course management? Do you honestly know your misses and are you willing to admit it? What are your priorities? What are your goals? Do you track your stats honestly for FIR, GIR and U/D so that you can give some insight to the pro? Answering...
Success. Mission accomplished.
I have been hitting the ball pretty well lately with the driver, on Sunday I was out for a round with a couple of co-workers and the co-workers dad, I was outdriving each of them. I flushed one and sent it sailing past the curve in the fairway and it rolled pretty far into the rough. I was a bit dismayed. The co-workers dad asks "How far do you think the curve in the fairway is?" I tell him that it is 250y to the center. He says "You know you are averaging 280 with...
Added the clubs I hit getting to the green in red, did not list chips or GIR but all pitch shots are listed. With the exceptions of 7 and 18 this worked way better than I anticipated. By swinging for a 225y drive I was consistantly well past that. With the exception of the 100y drive I hit on 18 the shortest drive that I measured back to the tee with the range finder was 230y. Furthermore, having a plan based on clubs per hole before hand took a lot of the uncertainty...
I understand what you are saying and while I am going to bring it with me, in no way am I dead set tied to it. Part of the reason I went with detail in this first go round is to see that there are a couple of par 4's that I just don't have the distance to really make a GIR in two with the clubs that I hit reasonably accurately. In other words this is helping me adjust my expectations of my game downward, instead of believing I am capable of more than I am. Definately...
In no way am I claiming consistancy to be able to deliver shot for shot on this type of plan. I think I am trying to take the "hero" shots out of the mix and set some relistic ideas of what club could get me on the green. Too often I have tee'd off gotten to the ball and said "wow I still have 200 - 220 - 190 yards to go" grab a 5W-3W-3H and go for it. These have been low percentages for me so i am trying to change the focus with a plan both initial and bailout. 220...
I am attempting to take a slightly different approach at course management this year and also game improvement. Previously I would go out to the course and just hit driver every hole and see what I had left. Of course on the par 5 holes I am always tempted to hit my longest club for my second shot and it typically does not work out well. So starting today I have a slightly different plan. I am planning each hole based on an low average drive at the one course I have...
Absolutely not. I have noticed that many people do struggle with changing things in general though. No matter what you are doing it takes a pretty big mental leap to abandon what you know and what you are comforatble with. This is especially true if you have been doing something in the same way for a long time. As humans I believe we have a tendancy to develop patterns and rituals that we become comfortable with and even when we want to do something better we often...
If you are going to do regular video of your swing you may want to consider making a account at: www.swingacademy.com it is free and others can do a more detailed analysis of your swing and post comments and draw lines and the like. If you then post the swing academy link here you can typically get a few folks to look at it there for you. Regards, -E
You realize that the golf gods are going to frown on this and not allow you to hit one good shot with those clubs. Additionally, regardless of the fact if your brother can normally beat you down, he will be granted temporary super human strength to give you the beat down of a lifetime. -E