or Connect

Posts by Eeryck

I just switched this winter, at first I got similar wear and tear, not quite blisters, as you described but the grip switch also caused me to tighten up the grip a bit at first. Your post made me look at my hands because it has been about 3-months with quite a bit of swinging and I have not had even the slightest notion of discomfort in my hands. Sure enough on the left hand there is a very small calous on the index finger just below the first knuckle and another one...
I can understand switching out for performance sake and it does seem reasonable about the need for a better swing to better differentiate between the longer irons. I guess a bit more at the heart of the matter, is that perhaps my expectation of my swing efficiency / repeatability as I decrease in index is still fairly high. On the short end of things, that still suprises me but this is the first year I am running a 4 wedge set up. The transition has just given very...
Since GPS is needed for hazard avoidance that opens up about $300 for replacement of golf GPS with the one in the automated caddie. With good pushcarts going at $200 and figure in an extra $100 or so for motorized. Looking at maybe $600 for a novelty item that follows you arround on the golf course. Maybe I will pitch it to the Roomba guys. The full automation bit is just payback on software after you have developed the algorithims. There are always college kid Sr....
Full automation was the goal, folks would forget then you would have motorized carts chasing people around greens. This could be useful. -E
Pretty neat. My co-worker and I (both Electrical Engineers) were discussing during our last round making a cart that would follow a golfer based on a RF badge worn on the belt. The major 2 obsticles that we identified on our 18-hole discussion were, greens identification / avoidance and hazard avoidance. We thought we could incorporate GPS and work off that, but the programming would be a nightmare especially with the margin for error in gps survey of golf...
A group of older guys at the range the other day all went out together and bought the new Nike and TM drivers. They were having a hoot hitting a shot and changing the club. I spoke with the one guy in the group that works at the range about it and asked him if he really thougt it was worth it. His reply was that sure depending on the course they play there is some benefit to be able to change your shot bias. Some courses call for a fade of the tee and some a...
On putts over 30 feet I take all my practice swings looking at the cup only and imagine each one is rolling the ball while trying to get the right swing feel. Making the stroke, I use my normal set-up though while attempting to keep the feel for the distance. On shorter putts <30 feet, I make one swing looking at the hole and one looking at the ball. I want one to feel the distance and one to feel the line. -E
One of the thing that routinely suprises me is the adversion to the either far end of club loft. Especially, folks that claim to be a mid to mid-low handicap and claim they can't hit a LW or a 3I. I understand that there are many aspects of the game that contribute to scoring and that you can put up some good numbers with a less than perfect swing. Before lessons, I struggled with the long irons so for those new to the game I can understand where a major swing flaw...
This is incorrect: 17-3/1 Holing Out Without Ball Touching Flagstick Q. A player plays a stroke from the putting green without having the flagstick attended. The ball stops momentarily on the lip of the hole and then falls into the hole. The player claims that the ball fell into the hole without striking the flagstick and therefore he incurs no penalty under Rule 17-3. Is the claim valid? A. No. A ball is not holed until it is at rest in the hole — Definition of...
There is nothing innate about the golf swing. Tiger's dad played, he watched, he emulated. Other pro's came up as caddies and watched better golfers and emulated. Just because there is an influx of new golfers who never caddied or had fathers that played and need to use the internet does not make the pros and those who have gone before "natural." The current process is simply different. Watch the video of someone better and emulate. It is not representative or...