or Connect

Posts by Eeryck

The second common problem with being a former over-the-top swinger is the follow through. If you slide through the ball and bring the club to the inside too soon after impact you can get a severe case of the hooks. The fix: make sure you swing out to the target, shake hands with the target, have your right arm and club in a straight line out to the target during your follow through. All the same thing just trying to find the right words that give you a good image. The...
A slice is typically a sign of an outside - in swing path with an open club face at impact. The common beginner fix for this is to strengthen the right hand grip (ie. rotate the right hand clockwise on the grip.) This solution can be too much of a good thing. Overly strong right hand grip can lead to a pull hooking (ie. start left and turn left) the ball. On the other hand if you fixed your swing path to fix your slice, and now your hook is a ball flight that starts...
Playing with mostly high cappers there is another one other than the obvious stroke and distance for a lost ball. It is when the ball is actually found and deemed unplayable then moved say 5 yards out of the trees / rough to a clear area and only a 1-shot penality is taken. Most high cappers I know believe they have proceeded under the rules. -E
While I am sure this is not a rule, there are two decisions that indicate indirectly that this is not a rule.17-1/6 Attended Flagstick Placed on Ground Subsequently Lifted Q. While a ball is in motion after a stroke, the person attending the flagstick removes it and places it on the ground. He then realizes the ball might strike the flagstick, so he picks it up. What is the ruling? A. There is no penalty. A flagstick that is attended, removed, or held up may be moved by...
I know quite a few guys who will put the ball into the hole with the flag still in place. My brother-in-law did it once on a par-3 for birdie and I told him he just made a "4" on the hole. He insisted it was only a "2." Also, I worked with a guy that would putt with a practice ball. At the end of the round I told him his score was 36 strokes higher than he claimed and showed him the rule. He now putts out with the ball he tees off with. Finally, grounding clubs...
Geez... I can't believe I missed so many items! Chapstik - Carmex (Woelbings are good friends) Divot tool - Nike with built in ball marker Ball Marking Pen - Sharpie (anything not black) Umbrella - Too bulky skip it you have a rain hood on bag and good rain gear Headcovers - Stock TM from woods and hybrid should work fine, none for irons, Putter is obvious Athletic tape - Don't hold the club so tight Snack bars - Snickers, only snickers Energy Drink - Glaceau vitamin...
I use a gap wedge without it I would have: 9I - 130y PW (47) - 120y SW (56) - 90y 1/2 PW -75y 1/2 SW - 45y 1/2 LW - 30y Adding the gap wedge: 9I - 135y PW (47) - 120y GW (52) - 105y SW (56) - 90y 1/2 PW - 75y 1/2 GW - 60y 1/2 SW - 45y 1/2 LW - 30y Works for me as the name implies. Regards, -E
For a full fit set of Muira's it is not too bad maybe $1800 to $2200 if you don't get too exotic. Baiscally a little over twice the cost of a Mizuno set. -E
Here is what I would do: Driver - TM Tour Burner 9.5* Fairway - TM Tour 14.5* Hybrid - TM Rescue 3H Long Irons - Miura CB301 4-5 Irons Mid Irons - Miura CB202 6-7 Irons Short Irons - Miura Blades 8-PW Wedges - Scratch 52.08, 56.12, 60.04 Putter - SC Studio Select Newport 2 Ball - Bridgestone B330S Glove - Nike Dry Fit Tour Shirts - Adidas Climacool Slacks - Greg Norman Bag - Ogio Grom Towel and Brush - Frogger golf Rangefinder - Leupold GX-I Tees - 2-1/4...
To fix my outside / over the top swing what my pro did was have me focus quite a bit on the 9 o'clock position. The keys were to have hands in the center of the chest (when viewed from down the line), full wrist cock, club on plane. The next move was to rotate the club slightly flat and make the swing, this exageration gave a good feeling of coming at the ball from the inside. Furthermore, if you place a smash bag, or a folded up towel about 1/4 to 1/2 inch on the...