or Connect

Posts by iPutt

This ESPN coverage is absolutely awful. Tons of commercials, Chris Berman, lots of cutaways, little knowledge, and when they do start actually showing golf, it's 75% putts from guys under par. I want tee and approach shots!! I want course descriptions!! 
Anything becomes funnier when you add goofy music to it...  
For those that didn't see today, Sergio put his second shot on the par 5 2nd into the trees and ended up making bogey to Tiger's birdie. He looked over after the shot and seemed upset about a sound that came from somewhere else on the course. During the delay he seemed to accuse Tiger of a little bit of gamesmanship.   http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9265485/2013-players-championship-sergio-garcia-says-tiger-woods-distracted-shot   So, fair or foul?
  Well that lasted all of one round..... The Nike people must be going crazy (haven't seen this in this thread yet, apologies if it's somewhere further up).
I don't think so. Not, however, because I don't think I have the mindset. I love practicing and have a very obsessive nature which I think may have really benefitted me if I could have spent all that time on the game. I think I could have truly committed myself to the practice and taken a lot away from it. I play better under pressure and do not mind being watched by others. In my short time that I've spent playing this game seriously, I've improved a great deal....
I actually joined the Golf Channel AmTour and with the membership they give you a handicap tracker thing that you can enter all of your rounds into along with the scores for each hole, fairway hit, green in reg, and putts. I love it because I keep those exact same stats on my card anyway, so it just makes things easier for me. I'm sure that there are other apps that could do the same thing though, I think scorecard might and I know that's promoted through this site.
Those stats wouldn't surprise me too much, most all par 5's now are really par 4.5's and the pros play them as such. I feel like around half of  the par 3's they play are extremely tough for anybody, even them, and the par 4's are going to be tough because you have to put two good shots together to make a par (obviously the same logic goes for most par 5's, but in that case, two good shots will reflect on your score relative to par better).   In my case, this was the...
Recently I went for a driver fitting, and one thing that they measured was the load/bend in the shaft at different points in the swing (I forgot the exact name for this). What they found was that I was releasing the load built up in the shaft too close to the top, right as I was starting the downswing, and therefore I was not transferring as much energy into the ball. He said I wasn't "casting," but this is one of the only ways that I can think of explaining this right...
Yeah sure!   Today was a surprising day. As you guys may have heard it was extremely soft out there today and guys were shooting really low scores, especially in the morning. When I looked up at a leader board to see Paddy 7 under through 17 I was really surprised. But the greens were receptive and really made play a lot easier. However, in the afternoon the winds started up a bit (as opposed to dead still air in the morning) and the course firmed up some, explaining why...
Yeah definitely, I have tickets for the week and I plan to go each day. What would you like to see from a review?