or Connect

Posts by Open-Faced Club Sandwedge

I battle with this one too.   It helps me to think of sliding my hips forward while holding my head back.  The early opening of my shoulders on the downswing, causing that out-to-in swing path and pull/slice, brings with it an early move forward (down the target line) of my head.  If I move the hips forward while keeping my head behind the ball, it keeps my shoulders in check, drops the club into the slot, and I can fire through with a little push-draw (the shot I try to...
Let's not forget acceleration in this equation.  At the top of the backswing, you've momentarily stopped moving, but you are accelerating.  You're going from moving one direction to moving the opposite direction, which, even during the instant you spend at rest, is acceleration.  F = ma, your mass isn't changing, and therefore acceleration = force, and the force in the golfswing is all connected to your feet pushing on the ground.    Further, let's remember how much...
  I think a lot of people have trouble understanding the difference between weight shift and sway.  You can (and most beginners do) shift the weight to the right foot by swaying to your right.  Or you can shift weight to the right foot without swaying, by rotating in the backswing and countering, and then reversing this rotation using the right foot.  Every golf swing includes this transfer of forces.  Lastly, you can shift weight to the right foot without swaying or...
Whether you're being a bit harsh depends on specifically why you're saying this; what did he actually say or do that turned you off?   As others have stated, you have to put up with a bit of sales pitch; they make their living by selling lessons.  The question is did it get in the way of the instruction, and was the instruction on-point, correct, and useful?   -Andrew
This is a very foreign idea to me, as someone who tries (somewhat successfully) to use forward weight and forward shaft lean to make sure the leading edge gets underneath the ball.  How do avoid bouncing the blade of the club into the equator of the ball?   -Andrew    
Well, the below sounds like you probably have the ball too far back in your stance.  Moving it forward will help if you need a little extra space in your swing to make sure your lag has been converted to speed at impact.   But without video, that's just a guess.   And in my experience, the best way to release correctly if you're holding onto your lag too long is to relax your grip a little and feel like your hands are being passive, and cultivate the feeling that all the...
Quote: Well, that's not my only objective.  It's just one of my objectives.  Also, even if it was my only objective, having the ability to fine-tune my driver to hit better and better drives, more and more consistently, would feed my ego all the better.  And the consistency thing will help my scores, too.  Just not as much as my short game lessons and practice will.   -Andrew
That's something I hadn't really thought about before posting this thread, but it seems like a salient point.  Perhaps what I need to do is go through the fitting process, and determine what all the variables are that suit me best, including the shaft variables, and then maybe go for an adjustable driver with a shaft that fits me well.  Also, since different drivers are adjustable in different ways, it would probably be good to know which dimension makes the most...
  Regarding saving the money and focusing on my short game, instead I think I'm going to spend the money, and focus on my short game ;)  I know my short game is the part of my game where I need the most practice, and so I fully intend to do just that, but I also feel that my driver is the part of my game that could benefit the most from an equipment change, so I intend to do that also.   Regarding the 910D2, I do like what I read about that club.   And hitting a ball as...