or Connect

Posts by MeltDownZ

Now that your swing is more upright it's going to take more attention to stay level and to swing into the finish. A swing that is more under you is steeper. Your tendency to raise and lower your head is greater. Also, you need a little better swing mechanics to avoid having the swing die at your feet. You need to keep your balance, have a smooth transition, and be sure that your swing concept has the club head swinging down the line at impact and up and over your left...
This is simple... with hard sand you do not want the club digging into the sand like you do with soft sand because the clubs bounce (the flange on the bottom) will get in the way. So, you're better off with a low bounce club like a 58-60 degree wedge with 6 degrees or less bounce. You need to make a precise shot so keep your lower body quite. Setup with the ball about center with a slightly open stance to accommodate the fact that you will not have much hip turn. ...
The problem with opening/closing your stance as a BandAid is that golf is a game of opposites. So, if you open up your stance, you actually close it on the back swing. Therefore, it's better to attempt a squarely aligned stance.
Sounds like you're a natural. That swing speed does seem a little suspect as that speed is more typical of a pro's driver. When checking out new gear, I always buy just the 6 iron of the new set and try it out for a while before I take the dive on the whole set. Also, I buy component built clubs so I can try out a new 6 iron with different heads and shafts. Don't underestimate the impact the shaft has on the club. In my opinion it's much more important than the club...
Zeg, I wouldn't get hung up on short vs. long swing... that's not the key point. The point is that your swing has the classic too steep characteristic that almost all people learning the game go through. Your movement is too up and down and not forward enough. And, this almost always is a result of raising your spine angle or upper body at the top of your swing which means at some point is will snap back in a lowering action. This will also cause you to lose your...
Your long clubs are swung flatter and your body could be more upright with that. As a result, your steep swing is sort of hidden by the flatness of the swing path and your divots shallow out. But, as you get to your shorter clubs and the club head starts a steeper path than you are digging into the ground as your head is getting pulled down. A few things you may want to keep an eye on: Do not shorten your swing. This will result in lower momentum and you will be more...
Survival instincts release adrenalin which tightens your muscles and cuts of your feel. Also, without a pre-shot routine, the situation can make you skip things you would normally do. So, you need to not care. I do this by humming a happy go lucky song from the minute I start preparing to play. Something like I've Got The World On a String or Luck Be A Lady Tonight. Also, whenever I have a particularly important shot, I use say the following phrases: I've just got an...
I notice you have a NV shaft with a 9* loft. The NV has a lower trajectory than the NVS and the 9* seems like it could be low for your distance. So, it's possible you should take your driver and get your swing computer analyzed. It could be that you don't have the swing speed or trajectory required for your driver/shaft configuration. I added 1" to my driver shaft and I picked up 7 effortless yards. Here are things that need to be right for you to get the most out of...
No. It's important but no more important than balance, a still head, proper weight shift, or good timing. Golf doesn't have a key - you've got to get a lot of things right.
Open- your body is aimed to the left Closed- your body is aimed to the right