or Connect

Posts by JCDot33

My in-laws have rented a beach house on Sunset Beach for the week at the end of the month. My wife and I are driving down to spend the week there with them. Anyone able to suggest some nice local courses that I could play? I would like to stay away from the "resort" coures and just play some "nice" courses in the area. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Ugh! I can't stand Dick's Sporting Goods! Luckily I have a great local retailer for all of my golfing needs, and becuase of mandated pricing I pay the same there as I do at Dick's for clubs and such they even beat Dick's pricing on golf balls AND, unlike Dick's, they sell individual sleeves of balls (I'm gonna beat the first wise ass-who says anything about this post containing 'dicks' and 'balls' ) ... I wish I could go back to the range today with it, but I have to...
See, I don't see this as a replacement to my fairway woods, I see it more as a completment to them. Like I said I am hitting this thing 210-220 and I can hit my 5 wood 225-235 so right now it fills a really big gap in my yardage (my 4i I have to kill to hit 205 normally I hit it about 195) ... I don't think I am going to replace any of my fairway woods ...
I had a stretch last month where I played very, very poorly ... it started with one round, and then mentally carried over to another, and another, and then my confidence plummeted totally ... I was shooting in the high 90's consistently (on courses that I was shooting in the mid to low 80's on mostly because I was trying to force shots and make things happen that I never should have tried in the first place) and I was really beating myself up over it and I kept making more...
I think a lot of the courses need to get back to having caddies ... none of the courses in my area have them ... caddies are a lost relic that need to come back to the game ...
Mine is 24 weeks today ... you guys must be due right around my birthday 11/24 ... Beers (or beverage of choice) on me if your wife gives birth on my birthday ... we are having a little girl as well, we are due 10/26 ... it's very exciting times here ... If the old adage is true, and my child does add 5 strokes to my handicap after she is born then I am screwed, cause she's already added 4 and she's not even born yet...
I would agree, once in my life for PB would be enough, I think I'd like to play Spyglass too ... that's cool ...
I get a text message from my brother-in-law last Tuesday that said, "just teed off of #1 at Pebble Beach, HAHA!" He just graduated with his MBA in Accounting and he and his buddy took off on a coast to coast road trip and got onto Pebble and Played a round (cost like $400 a piece, or something crazy like that ... ) and he ended up shooting 112 (which, doesn't take anyone with an MBA to realize he paid about $3.50 a stroke ..) I have the pictures of him playing so I know...
So, I have had to dodge raindrops (and hormonal pregnant wife) to be able to play, and even hit balls, lately ... I got a chance today to get over to the range today! And I am pretty happy that I did ... I went in and was looking around at the clubs and everything and something caught my attention in the "bargain barrel" there was a Nickent 3DX ironwood (it's a 3+ iron with a loft of 18.5*) with a stiff UST V2 shaft and the thing looked like it hadn't even been hit...
Drove my first green, on a par 4, ever yesterday ... The signage said 315 from the back tees and the hole goes up over a crest of a hill, and the green is in the valley ... I hit my tee shot (and I knew I had hit it pretty well) and walked up over the crest to look for my ball, couldn't find it, couldn't find it (was getting pissed, cause I knew it had gone straight) and then the foursome on the green started waving and pointing ... and there was my little white sphere...