or Connect

Posts by Yanks Fan

First eagle came a month ago. Dogleg right par 5, played driver to mid-iron and actually chipped in from a yard or two off the green. Funny part is I played the course the day before and left my chip for eagle sitting on the lip. Three holes later I got my second eagle; another par 5. Hit a 3 hybrid from 248. There were guys on the green which I didn't think I'd hit because I was looking to be about 20yds out (I shouldn't have hit but it was slow and mistakes happen)....
Single goes through then couple holes later we go through. I figured I didn't have to spell it out in my first post but that was my logic.
As an aside for this thread. If you're a single playing behind a three or four some on an empty course and they offer to let you through, play through for the love of God. I don't care if you're out practicing taking your time and don't mind waiting. My buddy and I behind you (whom you denied to play with) play fast and don't want to wait on you and the threesome every damn shot.
Having a great year actually lol. They only get hit on weekends and every person making the tee time is aware of the policy so it's completely on them. Don't get me wrong, if they call ahead and let us know about it, we accommodate and don't charge them but if an entire four some doesn't show or a four some shows with two guys only, then we hit you.    
Quote: I'm not going to lie, I didn't read half the thread. With that said, a golf course really doesn't take up that much space in the grand scheme of things. I'm going strictly off my area (DC metro area) with my response. We have hospitals, parks, homeless shelters, and whatever else you mentioned should take it's place and we still have room for golf courses; so does every area in the US. It's not like we are hurting for space or bumping elbows with our neighbors when...
Quote:   Couldn't agree more with you. I work in the pro shop at my course and my regular golfers get certain advantages and breaks that the non-regulars get. Not saying it's fair or right but it's good to keep the regulars happy.  
Even being a huge Yankees fan my whole life, I'd find it very hard to just give that ball up. Granted, he got some sweet stuff signed by Jeter but still, that ball could go for hundreds of thousands on the open market. I'd ask for lifetime season tickets at Yankee Stadium or at least for season tickets for 10+ years.
Taylor Made R7's for me. Recently just changed from CG1 blades back to the R7's and have dropped from a 9.6 to a 8.3 with them.
Quote:   Be careful with that. Some courses will hit you with a charge for the guest that didn't show up. People try that all the time at the course I work at and on busy weekends, we hit you with a $25 charge per guest who didn't show up on the credit card of the person who made the time.   As for the single reservations, on a busy day if I'm working, I'll make a time for a single only with a two-some or three-some. We won't make a time for a single on an empty tee slot...
I don't know what I did but I went out and shot a 40 on the front nine today but couldn't finish. My swing didn't even feel that good but I scored well. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I play. I don't dare say I'm over the shanks though lol.