or Connect

Posts by squaddie

I just read this evening that Tiger was playing this tournament while he had the flu?   Geez, have to imagine how he would have done if he was 100% healthy!  
I wasn't able to watch much Tiger this weekend, but just looking at the stats he's still having some swing consistency issues and putting issues.   His drives are averaging over 300 yds so he still has power, but his GIR isn't that great. He's still well behind the leaders in putting stats, but part of that may also be due to issues with iron accuracy and missing scoring spots on the fairways.   On a web-broadcast I just watched Tiger's warm-up swing on the par-3...
All good points.  In summary there is some slight rotation of the left arm, but the movement is not supposed to be intentional.    Going back to the thread Zeph mentioned, I agree with the initial premise of the thread, the first post from iacas, where, "the proper position of the club's leading edge is...perpendicular to the plane".    However, my problem is after I get the club to the 9:00 position (shaft parallel to the ground), and my leading edge is...
    I had to put a larger grip on my Scotty, since the stock grip was too small for my hands, and I couldn't feel the club that well.   Here's a little drill you can try to move the putter more smoothly.   Get into address without a ball, then take the putter back and then forth over the putting surface, and keep it swinging with your shoulders like a pendulum.  As it swings back and forth feel the weight of the putter, and once it feels a little heavy let it swing back...
Here's a cheap and easy backyard drill for taking a divot:  Place a leaf on the ground in front of where you would place a ball.  Line up your club with the leaf, leaving room for a ball, and take a swing.  You should be able to take a divot beginning where the leaf is, implying you would hit the ball before the ground.    If no leaves then you can use a business card to mark where the club should divot, and be able to pick the biz card off the ground (in front of...
I've had ongoing issues with my backswing, and realized last night I haven't been allowing my left forearm to rotate properly in the backswing.      I found after allowing my left forearm to turn clockwise about 90 degrees that it's easier to turn my shoulders further without overturning my hips.  Ideally I assume the left forearm (not the upper arm) should rotate to a point where the butt of the club is pointing at or a little above the target line the ball is...
Here's a quick tip I got from my instructor on fixing a shank.   I had a lesson two weeks ago where one issue I went over was shanking with the short irons.   My instructor told me, "On the downswing, aim to hit the space just before where the ball sits (facing the ball).  Here's a mini diagram   <--target line (right handed)    *    ball - club starts behind ball as normal         [aim here on the downswing, before the ball, about one ball-length away...
Wow, guess I won't be going to the gym today.    With the scores so close, what are the odds of a playoff happening?  Would they play individual holes or an entire round?
Graeme appeared really unhappy during his final holes on Friday, his head down while waiting on the teebox, muttering.   The guy shouldn't be too hard on himself for what he's accomplished.   But I agree that grit is probably what will drive him to do better next time.   So for Tiger today will his performance off the tee be the biggest deciding factor?  I couldn't tell from the Masters.com site how many fairways Tiger hit yesterday.   His irons seem well dialed in and...
It sounded like the fitting was thorough, as he even measured the size of your grip, and also recognized you needed a stiffer shaft, probably since your swing speed has increased over the years.  I had a fitting this past Christmas and found I was hitting the Callaway Diablo Edge irons 10 yards further than the others I tried, including my Cobra irons.   Without the fitting I never would have tried the Callaway clubs since I consider them an expensive brand and I prefer...