or Connect

Posts by clearwaterms

i post on lots of different forums, and found that Mario has probably done pretty much EVERYTHING at some point in his video game existence, and it's an image that scales well and is instantly identifiable.    Lastly - nothing that Mario does is something you would ever take very seriously - and I kinda prefer that people thought about me that way (don't take me too seriously...)
Do you know why you hit the ball high?  Is it because you put alot of backspin on the ball or because you have alot of positive loft at impact?    I ask because the Nike is nice because you can turn it all the way down to 8.5 deg.  It is also a VERY low spin club head so it will keep the ball down.   Just to give you an idea, I have the regular Nike Covert and my other driver is a Cleveland DST300.  The DST300 is a 9 deg with a light weight shaft and I hit the ball to...
I have the adjustable Nike Covert.  Honestly, a good swing is playable regardless of the face position (open, neutral or closed) and a bad swing is in the trees regardless of face position.  I firmly believe that the difference between open and closed on that club is probably like 7 yards in either direction.  If you were a slicer before, you likely didn't have a club that had an open face, so chances are that you still have to have a healthy swing to get healthy results. 
any plans for those of us that stand on the other side of the ball?
I have G25's as well.  Distance wise, I am far enough.  I don't know if I would hit something else further because I decided based on feel, and then had the opportunity to go to Ping directly in Phoenix to get fit.    Ping's fitting process is also (IMHO) superior to most of the other brands fitting systems.  Also, being left handed I was grateful to report that everything that Ping makes, they also make in left handed.  Unlike Mizuno where somebody said, try the JPX825...
Any recommendations for a shaft that would go into my Covert?  I do prefer the look and sound of the Covert.  So if I could find a pull and put an adapter from ebay (without spending a ton of money) I would be willing to give it a shot. Thanks
 Thank you - I don't think that I have a swing speed problem.  On my last round, I was averaging probably 235~240 with several over 260 and one at 274.  So distance is not an issue.  As for the loft, that is the weird part.  The Cleveland is a 9 degree, and the Nike is set at 10.5.  I think that the Nike has a little bit stiffer shaft (Kuro Kage 50g vs. the Cleveland made for - Diamana red 44g.  The other thing is that, I have used both clubs enough to learn that the...
At the beginning of the year I purchased a replacement driver (Nike Covert with the factory Stiff shaft) to replace my ~3 year old Cleveland DST300 driver.  On the range and in the simulator, the Nike driver went straighter, and had a lower more penetrating ball flight.  However, in actual play the cleveland just played better.  The problem is that the ball would go WAY up in the air would go further, but then would just fall straight out of the sky.   I think that alot...
 Do me a favor, if you get your license and decide to practice medicine in Chicago, can you please tell me where so I know to get treated somewhere else? 
as long as the grounds are clean, I don't much need flowers / bushes / etc.    I would prefer not to have gravel parking lots, blacktop / concrete that is soo old it might as well be gravel.    As for the clubhouse, the biggest offense that I have with clubhouses is if it isn't clean smelling.  poor plumbing / OLD carpet / furniture / smell of smoke / etc. are all turn offs for me.    like GolfingDad said, a well maintained course will extend into the clubhouse /...