or Connect

Posts by clearwaterms

I thought we wanted it in the US, and isn't Texas it's own country ;)    If we are going to have a TST open in Houston, it better be in January.  Around say the 15th after the Texans have lost in the first round of the playoffs again ;)  Which would work perfect for me as a Bears fan because we will already be watching from the sidelines. 
Chicago is easier because you have 2 airports with 3 major airlines having hubs here (United, American, Southwest)   That being said, I am the first person to post in this thread from Chicago, and I have NO desire to plan something like this.
How long ago was you last round?  How much do you remember about it?    Do you remember (from memory not looking it up somewhere) what you shot?   How many shots do you remember from the round?  Would you be able to recreate your score card from memory?   Do you remember what you were working on for the round, or what your swing thought was?  - this might only apply to me, but I always try to work on one thing and good or bad, I will work on that one thing...
Sell it here or on craigslist.  Offer it for 80 cents on the dollar (or 75 cents, what ever you think you can get for it) in exchange for cash.  So somebody gives you $150 or $160 in exchange for the $200 nike gift card, and then you can use it for green's fees.    Donate it to a charity and write it off on your taxes.   Send it to me, and I will consider PM'ing you a thank you (can't promise anything, but the only way to find out if I will follow through is if...
This is the funniest thing I have read on this website in days.  It really isn't funny, but I swear that in every 18 hole round, I will have at least one shank / bladed wedge shot.  Different results, both come from the same position.  ~50 yards away, tight fairway lie, holding my SW. 
I am a cheap golfer, I tend to play courses that are modestly priced.    So that being said, here are a few of my reactions to the list above.    1. I rarely eat at the golf course.  The courses that I play will typically have your regular pub kind of food.  If I get a hot dog at the turn I am expecting ball park quality, give or take.  I am never disappointed.    2. I have never set foot in a golf locker room.  I change my shoes in the parking lot, and if I...
it's a solid idea, however just this spring we tried to get people from the Chicago area together for a golf outing.  We had 3 pages of people that said they were interested.  I took the initiative and organized a round for the beginning of the season, one other player actually made it out.  A few weeks later, somebody else tried, nobody was available.  After that, nobody even bothered posting to the thread.    If we can't get a group of people that live in the same city...
that would scare the SHIT out of me...  I mean he likely had to carry the golf bag on his shoulder, and it had to sit in his/your car from where, etc.    Mine would probably be when I was a kid and didn't play golf all that seriously.  I went to the range with a friend because we were looking for something to do.  He somehow managed to hit a golf ball backwards into the parking lot.  To this day, I watched him do it.  He had a fairway wood in his hand, and the ball was...
I played a twilight round today after work.  The front 9 was on the slow side, which guaranteed that I wouldn't have time to finish the entire back 9.  At the turn, powered with the advice from the ranger that nobody was behind us, I spoke to the pro shop and asked if I could play the front again, rather than continuing to wait on the back 9.      I only got to play 4 holes, on the 5th it was too dark to locate the ball off the tee box, so I walked in after...
Around $10 in labor, plus the cost of the shaft and grip.  This should make it so the old shaft can be reused later.    Some proshops might give you a break if you buy the shaft and grip from them, but that has been my experience.