or Connect

Posts by clearwaterms

For economy balls, I really think the best deals are last years models. For instance, the TM TP3 for $19 a dozen from rockbottomgolf.com is/was a better golf ball (IMHO) than the top flite Game / Callaway HX Warbird / Bridgestone e6 from this year. They also have 3 dozen ammo boxes (3 dozen balls in a box without individually wrapped sleeves) for $51 a piece fo the tp3, and $45 for the HX hot plus from callaway, which was another great ball.
when you say "club without real estate" does this mean a group of like minded individuals who play publically available golf courses, but do so in a competitive nature?    This is not a term I have heard before.      As to your question, I have no idea. 
How many of you get the opportunity to play 27+ a day, and if so how often do you take advantage of it?  Do you find that you play better on the 2nd 18, worse?  Do you have any tips (riding a cart, drinking lots of fluids, limit practice swings, etc)   I know that several people here do golf outings / trips where you might play 54 holes in 2 days, or 90 holes in 3 days, etc.  I am more interested in the person that play 36 on a random Saturday because the course was...
Is the Dallas club a daily fee, IE they include range balls and you can replay based on availability or is it typical per 18 green's fee type of event?
I picked up a pair of these after trying all of them on, the most comfortable, best arch support of any that I tried (Golf Galaxy doesn't carry true)    I had only ONE incident and it happened today as a matter of fact.  My transition was a little too fast for the newly planted grass.  I would agree with what others have said, short of the old style metal spikes, it wouldn't have mattered.    Also, it is worth noting that these are VERY comfortable shoes, walking 18 and...
You made the right choice on Harley over Victory...    Victory costs the same as Harley and when its all said and done, nobody ever wants the used Victory motorcycles.  So you end up with a bike that you have to practically give away when you decide to upgrade. 
  The idea of "quality drives" isn't so much about a specific distance as it is, hitting it to within a 10% radius of your target.  If you hit a hybrid 200 yards, than a quality shot for you would only be 180-220 from the tee box with a left right dispersion of say 10 yards. 10% circle around your target.    But you are right, I scramble for almost every par or better, and rarely give myself birdie putts.  I went out this morning, Par 71, shot a 92.  I had a 10 on a short...
The idea of "quality" tee shots comes from the idea that pitchers in baseball track "quality" starts, and to be fair that is a much better statistic than the W-L record, because a pitcher can have a shitty game, but his offense scored 10 runs, and he still earns the W, or the case in my team (Cubs) the pitcher has a great game, but his offense scores nothing because they stranded 10 runners through 7 innings. To me a good drive is 240-250, with a on the screws frozen...
I didn't read all of the responses, so I am probably restating things that have already been said here. The thing that bothers me more than anything is people playing the rear tee box that have no right to do so. Also, observing golf etiquette is fine and great, but playing ready golf is a great way to ensure that regardless of how good or bad you are, you won't be the group that holds up the round. After the tee shot, proceed to your ball in a safe manner, get as close...
to the OP. You sound like a person who is driven and knows what kind of effort it takes to succeed in your pursuits. This is a large piece of it, and I always wish those that are willing to put in the hard work the best of luck in their pursuits. That being said, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a backup plan. If you don't make the PGA tour, don't think that your hardwork wouldn't be wasted. Starting later in life would give you a unique perspective. In...